Tractor

WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
edited December 12, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
One from last summer. Our neighbor parked her tractor under the tree and left it. I watched from my study window all day with the tractor in deep shade hoping for the light to get better. Finally, just before the sun went down behind the hill it illuminated the tree trunk and tractor. C&C appreciated.

Tractor
918079546_n4tzw-XL.jpg

Comments

• NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    This is Great... love the light!!

Ya know, I'm from the Old School, and in it , they always talk about the Power of Red in an Image... You just proved that Theory again!! She Really Pops!

This is a great image IMO wit or without the tractor.. One of the Hardest Shots to Compose is a Solo Tree, here you done a Super job of that alone!!

Like everything about this from the Super Exposure to the Great Light and Powerful Sky... YOU NAILED IT!
    Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    In total agreement with NewEnglandMoments here. I'm just wondering... how powerful would this shot look like in infrared and selective coloring?... :D All in all this is one really great image! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    Good decision to wait for this dynamic lighting...it really makes the shot. Your composition was also spot on.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    Wow, thank you all for the comments. I had just read Micheal Freeman's chapter on color composition in "The Photographer's Eye" when this scene presented itself and I worried that by putting the tractor so low in the corner of the frame I would be pushing the color prominence theory a little too hard. When I saw the first thumbnail on the computer screen and the tractor jumped out of the tiny image I was a bit relieved. I wonder how the image would have looked if the tractor were a John Deere instead of a Kubota? :D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    Well worth the wait thumb.gif