G9 Sensor Dust, Good News

sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
edited December 10, 2010 in Cameras
I sold my G9 today (the other bit of good news is that the Craig's List buyer turned out to be a sweet older man rather than a murderer, as all my friends were quite certain he would be, but I digress). On my way out the door, literally, I wanted to double check to make sure the sensor was clean - oyvayizmir! I found a large black dot in the upper left - I thought, for sure, this guy doesn't want it now. After a cursory Google search, I tried out the recommendation to use a blower brush around the edge of where the lens fits into the body. So I unscrewed the ring and blasted my hurricane blower around the base of the lens a few times, thinking for sure there was no way for air to fit through the crack - but low and behold, the shmootz-b-gone!

Maybe this will help someone else with G-series lens/sensor dust.
Cheers.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited December 10, 2010
    sara505 wrote: »
    I sold my G9 today (the other bit of good news is that the Craig's List buyer turned out to be a sweet older man rather than a murderer, as all my friends were quite certain he would be, but I digress). ... I tried out the recommendation to use a blower brush around the edge of where the lens fits into the body. So I unscrewed the ring and blasted my hurricane blower around the base of the lens a few times, thinking for sure there was no way for air to fit through the crack - but low and behold, the shmootz-b-gone!

Thanks for the cleaning tip and glad everything worked out for you. (Especially glad for the luck of finding a sweet older buyer.) clap.gifrofl
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Thanks for the cleaning tip and glad everything worked out for you. (Especially glad for the luck of finding a sweet older buyer.) clap.gifrofl
    Thanks, Ziggy. ( Yes, very sweet - he also had a cast on his foot, ruling out the other fear my friends had, that he would grab the camera and run) :D