A Few Old Mills'

NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited December 11, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Thanks for commenting
Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    All are awesome but #4 is the winner for me here. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif You really have a way with composition, Sir. clap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    ^Agreed on #4! Wonderful set.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 11, 2010
    They are all nice. I think #1 would be the best if you could open up the shadows on the wheel a bit. On my monitor, there's very little detail visible.

Keep 'em coming. thumb.gif
  • NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Thank You Jiro, composition is a biggie for me lol, and a Big part of Why I love Photography...My feeling has always been , that if you feel you are standing where 8 out of 10 other photographers would be to take a subject, MOVE lol.. Point of View and how you arrange it , is Photography!

Sexy6... Thanks .. I knew where I wanted to be for this shot , the hardest thing was waiting for people coming and going in the areas lol..

Here's a Wider view with this Point of View, I just wasn't happy with the Flume running down the center???
    MingusMillone.jpg

Thanks Richard... I agree, took many shots from this POV, and actually the only Point Of View... Wheel was heavily Shaded, actually had a line of peoplw waiting for me to shoot wanting to enter the bridge to the mill lol.. I couldn't pull that wheel out thru multiple settings, PhotoShop lol.. Thanks for commenting!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    More wonderful production, Tom. It's very obvious that you work hard on your composition....always a strong suit in your pictures.

Shot #5 is very nice. I have one small nit, very small, in that you have a horizontal fence positioned in the foreground. Sometimes, something like that will " block " my eyes from entering the picture. Like I say, a very small nit.

Sorry, Tom. I just couldn't pass this one up.:D:D

You've given us great stuff, as usual.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Shot #5 is very nice. I have one small nit, very small, in that you have a horizontal fence positioned in the foreground. Sometimes, something like that will " block " my eyes from entering the picture. Like I say, a very small nit.

Sorry, Tom. I just couldn't pass this one up.:D:D

You've given us great stuff, as usual.

Tom

:lol4 Tom (NewEnglandMoments), you'll find some of us to be quite light-hearted, and some even a bit spunky thumb.gif ~ And, with a good long memory rolleyes1.gif

Very nice images! Thanks for posting them...
    Randy
  • NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    and a Very Good Nit Tom!!! lol... trust me I thought of this at the time of posting lol.... as said , I do it too!! I have lectured about this Point of Fences along with open water lead in's for years , and to this day , I am Guilty myself!!

An open Water lead in by the way is that water does not support Structure , Rock, Cities, etc ... and in Composition, or with rule of thirds, a visual violation.. gives the viewer a bit of static in viewing, but not sure why lol... morale of story , Mountains don't float.. Water Scenes require foreground...

I sure won't argue your Point , I;m Guilty as Charged lol.... and had that coming !!
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Another well done set.........thumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    #3 is my favorite. The tree in front of the wheel with leaves on it .. I like it more so then the one you wanted to duplicate with no leaves.