Lamp and Book (still life)

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited December 12, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I visualized this shot while lying in bed and reading last night. Then I spent half the afternoon in Photoshop getting just the look I wanted. Here's the realization of my vision.

From my "Photo Manipulations" Gallery
1121697479_EceMk-L.jpg
"Lamp and Book"

C&C welcomed, encouraged and appreciated
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    Very, Very nice! Not totally muted, just enough low-light to infuse a solemn serenity. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

You need to tell us how you toned down the lamp so as not to blow out it's highlights. :D Ooops... I forgot to see the photoshop part. mwink.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    While I do like your image, I applaud you for having an image goal, and then persevering till you accomplished that goal thumb.gif

We (me) so often shoot without any goals in mind for our images, and it usually shows eek7.gif

Good on ya' thumb.gif
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Very nice, Steve. I especially like the tonal range you have established here. The shot has a " comfortable " look to it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    I like all you did with this photo. Really like the textures of the elements in it.
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    Thank you all for looking and taking the time to comment.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking