FS: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

jvismarajvismara Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited April 23, 2011 in House of Canon
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

There is a reason this is the most popular lens in the Canon repertoire! It is one of the finest telephoto zoom lenses in the Canon line, comparable in optic quality to a single focal length lens. Its four UD-glass elements correct chromatic aberrations resulting in tacksharp results. Second-generation Image Stabilization responds in as little as 0.5 seconds, while providing stabilization that is three times as handholdable as a normal lens. Its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture and superb image quality make it one of the most sought-after professional SLR lenses in the world.

Lens package includes: original box, front cap, rear cap, UV filter, lens hood, tripod collar, and pouch.

No paint chips, perfect hood, no dust, no scratched tripod mount.

REMOVED from the market temporarily...
Keep smiling !
° Jorge Vismara
° www.JorgeVismara.net - digitally captured emotions
° www.Pelourinho.com - 14 years online ! ! !

the camera looks both ways - in picturing the subject, you are also picturing a part of yourself
Bali 2007 http://JorgeVismara.net/bali/2007/top

Comments

• jvismarajvismara Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    price reduced...
    Keep smiling !
    ° Jorge Vismara

the camera looks both ways - in picturing the subject, you are also picturing a part of yourself
  • Executive Images PhotoExecutive Images Photo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    Would you do COD?
    Matthew Baratucci
    Owner/Photographer
    Executive Images Photography

www.executiveimagesphotography.com
    edited December 22, 2010
    I learned, with a few mistakes, that this kind of business require money up front...
    thanks for asking...
    Keep smiling !
    ° Jorge Vismara

• Executive Images PhotoExecutive Images Photo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    jvismara wrote: »
    I learned, with a few mistakes, that this kind of business require money up front...
    thanks for asking...

Yes but with COD you are protected by the USPS. ne_nau.gif
    Matthew Baratucci
    Owner/Photographer

edited December 23, 2010
    there is a problem with COD...
    from USPS website
    With Collect on Delivery (COD), we’ll pick up your customers’ payment and postage for you. Your customers can conveniently pay with cash or a personal check.
    so, if its paid with check, they do not validate / compensate the check before giving the package to the recipient...
    so, there is hole in the security there... and there is no way for me to make it CASH only payment.
    do you know a better way?
    Keep smiling !
    ° Jorge Vismara

• JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    I'm curious, B&H has this lens for $1300, shipped, new and with warranty. What justifies the price you are asking? Or is this the VII?

Nevermind, I overlooked the IS-
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • sdaztec25sdaztec25 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    kolibri wrote: »
    I'm curious, B&H has this lens for $1300, shipped, new and with warranty. What justifies the price you are asking? Or is this the VII?

Canon has the Non-IS for $1300 and the IS for $1899

The OP is selling the IS Version
    Travis Miller Photography

| Canon EOS 7D | Canon 18-135mm IS | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS |Canon 50mm f/1.4 |
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    sdaztec25 wrote: »
    Canon has the Non-IS for $1300 and the IS for $1899

The OP is selling the IS Version

Oh, great, thanks, that's what i didn't notice, I need more caffeine today I guess.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
    edited December 23, 2010
    there is a problem with COD...
    from USPS website
    With Collect on Delivery (COD), we’ll pick up your customers’ payment and postage for you. Your customers can conveniently pay with cash or a personal check.
    so, if its paid with check, they do not validate / compensate the check before giving the package to the recipient...
    so, there is hole in the security there... and there is no way for me to make it CASH only payment.
    do you know a better way?

Well I agree that I wouldnt pay with a check. I would pay cash. I dont know of a better way because I paypal doesnt protect you either. Paypal doesnt protect any transaction outside of ebay. I would do COD and pay cash when it was delivered. If you cant do that its ok. That just the only way to protect the both of us.
    Matthew Baratucci
    Owner/Photographer

edited December 24, 2010
    I'll pass by the Post Office and discuss this option with them... keep you posted.
    these days I'm kind of busy with Xmas and friends from out of town staying with us...
    Well I agree that I wouldnt pay with a check. I would pay cash. I dont know of a better way because I paypal doesnt protect you either. Paypal doesnt protect any transaction outside of ebay. I would do COD and pay cash when it was delivered. If you cant do that its ok. That just the only way to protect the both of us.
    Keep smiling !
    ° Jorge Vismara

edited December 25, 2010
    Well let me know. Im actually more interested in the 7D I saw you have posted. :)

Merry Christmas!
    Matthew Baratucci
    Owner/Photographer

• Michel SourisMichel Souris Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2010
    Why not agree on a price, put it on eBay at that buy-it-now price, and the purchaser can pay via PayPal and he and you are protected .... ?
    Canon 50D, Box Brownie, Canon 17-85mm IS, Canon 70-200mm F2.8L, Sigma 10-20mm F4, Canon 50mm F1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8 Mk I, Canon 430EX II
    edited December 25, 2010
    Why not agree on a price, put it on eBay at that buy-it-now price, and the purchaser can pay via PayPal and he and you are protected .... ?

Have you used ebay? There are fees and charges that are going to effect the price.

COD is still protected by the USPS. If I dont pay I dont get the item. Its simple. Ill let the OP decide what he wants to do. thumb.gif
    Matthew Baratucci
    Owner/Photographer

edited December 26, 2010
    I'm taking this lens from the market...
    reason 1 - I'm kind too busy with visits from another country. difficult to really be here and answer in timely/correct maner.
    reason 2 - looks like the market is depressed by the holiday spirit... my prices are below market and still not committed offers...(except on COD I have not had time to research) I'll tray again in January and/or in more places like FredMiranda, Craiglist, etc..

Happy holidays to all...
    price reduced...
    Keep smiling !
    ° Jorge Vismara

• tmelotmelo Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2010
    You're a hair under going rate for good clean version of this lens on ebay. While this lens looks good it looks well used and dusty, not mint.
    edited December 26, 2010
    wrong reading... it has NO ONE dust, inside or outside... the images are bad processed... I'll do it again on January... it was a P&S camera I'm not familiar with...
    tmelo wrote: »
    You're a hair under going rate for good clean version of this lens on ebay. While this lens looks good it looks well used and dusty, not mint.
    Keep smiling !
    ° Jorge Vismara

• jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2011
    coming back on the Market?