Giving Yourself a Theme'

NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited December 11, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Thanks for commenting
Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    A very good example of nice composition. Very "artistic" to my taste. Nice! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Hey Tom,

I'm presently having to force myself through that block also...

About your nice images:

I really find this composition inviting. The particular lead-in, and the cant of the tracks combine to invite the viewer to jump-aboard the lines for an adventure thumb.gif

I find this image compositionally confusing. Your leading line is mid-image and horizontal, that leads my eye to a vertical subject, but midway on that subject, so that I have to decide to either go up first, then backtrack, or the other way.

Again, nice lead-in that pulls my eye from the lower right edge, along the stone row to the building, conveniently about at the window, and the eye easily flows along the building to the right. Thanks for leaving some breathing room at the end of the building!

Much the same as image #1, only missing (and I know this was not in your control), the very nice curving track out of the image as image #1 has.

All this to say: Nice series thumb.gif
    Randy
  • NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Thanks Jiro, much appreciated

Thanks Randy!! I see your Point and raise you a Vertical lol.... I can definitely understand what you mean... Just about everything in this shot is Vertical, which makes that roof line running Horizontal Pop.. that and the blue sky.. The actual subject was intended to be the Crossing Sign, I tried to get Cutesie here and make the Background Bldg. look like the front of a ship, and distorted in scale..

Your Point Well taken!!

In number 4... I ran out of Lens lol.... also unwanteds around the corner..
    Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Well done, Tom. thumb.gifthumb

The railroad crossing light runs out of the picture at the bottom. I think that it would have been better to have included the whole base. I shoot a lot of horse pictures...I'm forever cutting their hooves off....hate it when that happens.......:D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Thank you for sharing your series of photos. I know that "what do I shoot, rut" feeling. Looks like you broke out of it tho :D

#3 is my favorite .. green grass which I'm lacking at the moment in my yard. Nice to see.