Same son new background

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited December 15, 2010 in People
Recently got some backgrounds and support stands and finally trying them out. Papers that came with the background suggested bunching them up and putting them in a bag, don't think I like the wrinkled background though. Guess I am glad I got a steamer too.
Still pretty happy with the picture considering unwilling model and trying new things with lighting.

1122639378_L99Vk-L.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Nice shot.
    I have the same issue with the muslin backdrops.
    How well does the steamer work?
    What's the lighting set up, one key and a reflector?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Nice shot.
    I have the same issue with the muslin backdrops.
    How well does the steamer work?
    What's the lighting set up, one key and a reflector?

I actually had two Vivitar 385HV in stands. One to camera right and as high as I could get it (about 6' top of the umbrella) the other lower and camera left. The right one was a smaller silver reflective umbrella and obvious key light. The one on the left was a 43: white shoot through umbrella. If I remember right the ratio was pretty steep, 1/2 power key and 1/16 fill I think.
    I also had my 430EX strapped to the ceiling behind and very low power as a hair light, with no modifier on it at all.

Until I bite the bullet and get some softboxes I am going to be fighting spill light all the time in my tiny space I can use for these shots.

The steamer I picked up is a very cheap one I got from XScargo. The brand name in Tobi. It seems to work pretty well but I have only used it on my small black background so far. It does sputter a little bit leaving some wet spots in the background.
    I have run this background through the dryer on delicate heat and that alone removed all the wrinkles except the ones made from from original packaging.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Thanks for the info
    I should stick my backdrop in the dryer as well....
    I think the ratio worked very well
    Yo soy Reynaldo