Adobe PS CS5 recent update: zoom

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 12, 2010 in Finishing School
Did anybody notice how different Zoom tool began to operate after the last update? It's nto that I don't like it at all, but I really liked the original version... I wonder if there is a way to use either behaviour (or at least control it) :scratch
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    When the Zoom tool is selected, there is a checkbox in the Options bar called "Scrubby zoom." Turning it off makes it work like it did before.

I've decided that I like the new way. You can zoom continuously (no multiple clicks) and no modifier key is needed to switch from zoom in to zoom out. Whatever position and zoom you need to go, you just aim and drag.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    colourbox wrote: »
    When the Zoom tool is selected, there is a checkbox in the Options bar called "Scrubby zoom." Turning it off makes it work like it did before.

I've decided that I like the new way. You can zoom continuously (no multiple clicks) and no modifier key is needed to switch from zoom in to zoom out. Whatever position and zoom you need to go, you just aim and drag.

Phew! Thanks man! thumb.gifbow
    Now that I know I can always revert it to the "ole gud behaviour" I'll be more willing to give the new one a try...mwink.gifrofl
    "May the f/stop be with you!"