added some texture..

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited December 13, 2010 in People
the mom wanted that on the farm grunge look, hard to get with this cutie pie living in a modern tract home planned community. Mom found a closed bar and grill with some rough wood siding, but I liked this little tin accent that was just tall enough for this 5 yo.
I did some heavy sharpening on the cowboy boots. I like what that added.

1123584974_Ek4Xo-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    I like the textured effect and the pose is great (cute boots!) The one problem is that the girl and the surrounding area have less contrast than the rest of the image. Other elements with greater contrast take attention away from her.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    I do like what you did here, very nice!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    I really like the treatment here. Works perfectly with that pose and the attitude in that shot. Nicely done.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    I like the textured effect and the pose is great (cute boots!) The one problem is that the girl and the surrounding area have less contrast than the rest of the image. Other elements with greater contrast take attention away from her.

Yes the middle is very faded away and it was a light color to start. But I really love the color of the wood and boots even if it does take attention away from the subject.I have a habit of always making the middle real bright, here maybe it was too much. Thanks for looking !
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700