Options

Christmas Pinup- Jessica (probably SFW)

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited December 13, 2010 in Go Figure
I love Christmas, and I love Old School Pinup. Here's a few shots to help you get into the holiday spirit:D.

1123729193_jinP8-XL.jpg

1123695510_t7NHM-XL.jpg

1123717362_gEAoV-XL.jpg

1123692265_zZEen-XL.jpg

1123837102_8WkzQ-L.jpg

1123830441_SzDvj-L.jpg

Not Christmas, but I kind of like this one:
1123758329_rhYfJ-L.jpg
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• Options
    adam646adam646 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    i love them all. just out of curiousity what did you use for lighting or how was your set up. #4 a little warm but i have a feeling you meant for it to be warm so i love it.
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    #4 is my fave, I like the last one too, but for some reason the way the sheet falls makes the shape of her thigh/derriere look funny to me.
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    adam646 wrote: »
    i love them all. just out of curiousity what did you use for lighting or how was your set up. #4 a little warm but i have a feeling you meant for it to be warm so i love it.

The lighting setup is pretty basic 2-point (sort of) lighting. I used two strobes, one for key and one for fill (running here, I think, at 2.5-3 and 1.5-2), with no back light. The strobes were all with softboxes. However, there are two strip lights to illuminate the background.

The studio I am working in is cheap, and therefore relatively primitive. There isn't much of an opportunity for putting in a back light due to size limitations.

The color is all due to post processing with lightroom three. This, to me, is the big advantage of shooting RAW. I can get quite different color tones without actualy fooling with the lighting.

I was going for an old school look, so I ran the RAWS through either a bleach pass or cold tone processing setup. I just upgraded from LR1 about three weeks ago, and I must say I am happy with the result.

The last one needs more dramatic lighting, I think, although for the cheesecake style that isn't really appropriate. I was aiming for sort of a reproduction on the last on of something pretty art-deco, like you might find in stone attached to the Chrysler building or some Jugendstil apartment building here in Europe. Not there yet, but I am going to try this again next week.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • Options
    BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    clap.gif The cold and warm hues are wonderful!!!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    I do like #7! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"