Options

FM actions/plugins

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited July 1, 2004 in Finishing School
I love Fred Miranda's photos, and bought some FM actions (10D sharpening, the thing that was supposed to widen dynamic range), but never really ended up using them. I like to know how things work inside and I found these pretty mysterious. Also they were slow and I didn't think the results were any better than I could achieve with skillful use of the PS basics: USM, blending layers, color spaces, etc.

Has anyone else had a different experience? Please share.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    I love Fred Miranda's photos, and bought some FM actions (10D sharpening, the thing that was supposed to widen dynamic range), but never really ended up using them. I like to know how things work inside and I found these pretty mysterious. Also they were slow and I didn't think the results were any better than I could achieve with skillful use of the PS basics: USM, blending layers, color spaces, etc.

i use fm's isox pro for basic noise reduction. it works great imo. i use noise ninja for real serious noise reduction.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited July 1, 2004
    rutt wrote:

I bought the B/W converter plug in - seems to work ok, but not sure that I use it more than jujst doing the heavy lifting myself.....with channel mixer.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    I bought the B/W converter plug in - seems to work ok, but not sure that I use it more than jujst doing the heavy lifting myself.....with channel mixer.
    I bought that one too... my guilty secret is that I haven't even used it. After getting it, I realized I could do the same things myself.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au