Canon (or any brand) Camera Logos

ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
edited December 15, 2010 in Cameras
You know, like the one I attached. Every brand does this, but they're surprisingly hard to get ahold of. You can't really google them or anything. What I've done is, well, DPR's reviews have the logo at the top, so I grab a screenshot of that and invert the colors in Photoshop ;~). Yep:D But that'll only give you a very small file, like the one I attached. Is there a way to get these hi-res?

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    Oh wait, I forgot to attach it:D...
    edited December 13, 2010
    Looks like the attched PNG isn't showing... ok, here's a link...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1dmkii/
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited December 13, 2010
    Large, high-quality logos are closely guarded by most large companies/corporations. (Try to get a high-quality NFL logo file, for instance. rolleyes1.gif)

If you have a truly deserving application you should contact the Marketing or Public Relations department with a well worded request, stating your needs, intentions and purposes. If they agree with you, you will probably get your request answered, possibly fulfilled.

Edit: IOW, what Richy said. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited December 13, 2010
    Actually, I'm not a member of cps, I don't really need it, at least not now I don't think. I could contact them... I just wanted it for my personal use, one of my projects, I wasn't planning to sell it or anything. I wonder if they'd approve...
    edited December 13, 2010
    Thanks, I'll look at the pdfs. CPS, I looked and you've gotta be a pro. That is sweet tho, I didn't know they had a free level, I guess they never market that one ;~). Hmm, they don't say anything about professional amateurs...;~). And you have to have 2 bodies and 2 Ls, or 1 1-series and 3 Ls. Well, I'd love to have that stuff, but my wallet disagrees...:D
    edited December 14, 2010
    I've found the PDFs to be a great solution. They're vectors and screenshots work quite well. I'm not going to sell them, and if Canon minds for personal/free use then I'm sure someone from Canon is reading this, they can just tell me to stop and I'll do that.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited December 14, 2010
    I've found the PDFs to be a great solution. They're vectors and screenshots work quite well. I'm not going to sell them, and if Canon minds for personal/free use then I'm sure someone from Canon is reading this, they can just tell me to stop and I'll do that.

I'm no copyright expert but basically anything you do inside your own house, for your own use, is pretty much your business.

If you show Canon stuff in public view, or worse if it is in Canon's view, then there is likely a copyright infringement. This is the same for any private label or logo. Selling or even giving away copies would be potentially very bad.

The exceptions are legitimate publications, who have some immunity but some restrictions, some educational applications by accredited schools, who likewise have restrictions on use, and licensed use.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Thanks, I'll look at the pdfs. CPS, I looked and you've gotta be a pro. That is sweet tho, I didn't know they had a free level, I guess they never market that one ;~). Hmm, they don't say anything about professional amateurs...;~). And you have to have 2 bodies and 2 Ls, or 1 1-series and 3 Ls. Well, I'd love to have that stuff, but my wallet disagrees...:D

Free CPS is worthless IMHO. The $100 is worth it. You get 2 free cleanings (body or lens), 30% off any repair work, 2 day shipping back to you, LOANER EQUIPMENT (not available in free) which rocked.. got a 400/2.8 for a week... hated to see it go.. and a couple other freebies (LensWork a NICE book about all the canon glass, hardcover even!, a body cap, end cap for lens and NICE CPS camera strap.) Makes the $100 not look so bad, especially for cleanings.
  • hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    For personal, in home use, simply go to GOOGLE, Images, and search on "Canon logo" without the quotes. You'll get tons of them in all sizes.
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.