Rodeo Beach, Marin County, CA.

PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited December 17, 2010 in Landscapes
Just a few to share with the group. I've wanted to visit this spot for a while, but finally got the chance just recently. I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Thanks,

Mike

5211360229_08aa23c83d_b.jpg

5213705186_a993f663d6_b.jpg

5219670099_f693c22c5e_b.jpg

5222865572_f19107f17d_b.jpg
flickr
I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    Nice series--glad to see you join the forum. I really like the colors and the crashing wavelet in #3.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    haven't been there in YEARS but you are sure making me want to go back :) lovely colors
    //Leah
  • PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    Nice set! I love #3.

I really need to head back there, I've only been once and the waves were too big and tide too high for us to get around the first set of rocks.
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    I love them all. The light is so soft and the colors so beautiful. Best, Pam
  • PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    Lauren, Leah, Brad, & Pam - Thank you so much for commenting and for the nice feedback. I've seen so many nice shots from this area that I really had to try my hand here. I think I did OK for my first trip there, but I too would like to go back again.

Thanks,

Mike
    flickr
  • Jtreez818Jtreez818 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    #3 is amazing I'm in L.A might need to get down and see this spot for myself!
  • olafurdanielssonolafurdanielsson Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Very nice! I like the lighting and motion in them all !

all are nice, but i really like the light in #3...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Jtreez - I'm not sure that it's worth a trip from SoCal, but certainly stop by if you're in the area. Thanks for commenting.

Olaf - I'm glad you like the shots. It's a challenge (for me at least) to get the right balance of motion of sharpness.

Rocky - It looks like #3 is the favorite. I had this as my desktop wallpaper for a while - I'm glad you like it.

Thanks again for looking and taking the time to comment.

Mike
    flickr
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Love this series. I really like how you have captured different textures of water in all the images using changes in shutter speed I imagine. Great detail and movement in all the images, I especially like #2 and the way the surf wash changes. Have you used HDR on any of these?