Rocks on the shore

AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited December 16, 2010 in Landscapes
Careful planning made this shot for me. I think it turned out ok but I would love some C&C!
5260692653_56d6e73be9_z.jpg
Thankyou!

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    unique composition, but i think i'd prefer a slightly wider view, with the large rock not quite so centered...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    squirl033 wrote: »
    unique composition, but i think i'd prefer a slightly wider view, with the large rock not quite so centered...

I know, I was going to use my 10-20mm lens but I forgot the ND grad :( So I had to use the 18-55mm. Thankyou though Squirl033!
    edited December 15, 2010
    Not many people liked my last photograph but I found this one:

5264137300_835c53f5f0_z.jpg

C&C welcome!
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    I liked them both the rock in the front on the first wasnt distracting to me my eye moved on to the to the skys,both pics seem to go on and on I liked the first one better(they both were great)
    edited December 15, 2010
    jackiejay wrote: »
    I liked them both the rock in the front on the first wasnt distracting to me my eye moved on to the to the skys,both pics seem to go on and on I liked the first one better(they both were great)

Thankyou Jackie! I have a problem with rocks and the 18mm-55mm lens because its either break the rule of thirds or have a rock centered in the image, when I was out in the field I thought of having a passage on one or both sides let the eye follow round the rock and on to the rest of the image, not sticking a rock right in the frame merging the center and foreground of the image together making a unpleasing photograph. I guess it was beyond my control but I am glad you like my images and that the rock was not distracting! Oh and the first one is my personal favourite as well. :D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    I do like the second over the first! The lines created by the water around the rock is awesome thumb.gif
    edited December 15, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    I do like the second over the first! The lines created by the water around the rock is awesome thumb.gif

Thankyou Schmoo! :D:D
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    I really like your second shot, it is very soothing. The first image IMHO has too much going on in the foreground, it other words it seems to too busy, creates tension. although tension is good in moderation.
    edited December 16, 2010
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    I really like your second shot, it is very soothing. The first image IMHO has too much going on in the foreground, it other words it seems to too busy, creates tension. although tension is good in moderation.

Thankyou Doug! Ah I know the rocks around the big rock are all too much to look for a foreground, I should of done a bit of hand of god spring cleaning to balance the moderation of rocks in the foreground before taking the photograph. Is there too much tension do you think?
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    I really like the 2nd one! awesome
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited December 16, 2010
    I really like the 2nd one! awesome

Thankyou Awais :D
  • dbvetodbveto Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    The more I look at the shots on this forum the more inadequate my shots seem ne_nau.gifdunno
    Yours are included, great shotsthumb.gif
    Dennis
    http://www.realphotoman.com/
    Work in progress
    http://www.realphotoman.net/ Zenfolio 10% off Referral Code: 1KH-5HX-5HU
    edited December 16, 2010
    dbveto wrote: »
    The more I look at the shots on this forum the more inadequate my shots seem ne_nau.gifdunno
    Yours are included, great shotsthumb.gif

Ah don't worry I just looked at your Photography site and I really like your American Football photographs! I am not a huge fan of American Football but I do like the Raiders and they were my favourite photographs.

Thankyou :D:D:D
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    I like the 2nd better also. Great leading lines generated by the water. It's funny the 2nd feels 'wider' than the first because of the composition. With the 1st I desperately want to seem more to the sides.
    edited December 16, 2010
    hawkeye978 wrote: »
    I like the 2nd better also. Great leading lines generated by the water. It's funny the 2nd feels 'wider' than the first because of the composition. With the 1st I desperately want to seem more to the sides.

I really should of used a wider lens for these photographs, guess I can't turn back time. Your right it does feel wider. Thankyou Hawkeye!