Options

Demonstration of Resolution of 24-70 L

pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
edited September 13, 2005 in Cameras
I finished posting my wedding shots from last weekend and was playing with the quality on screen and was quite amazed at the quality of the image captured by a 24-70 f2.8 L and a 1DsMKii. The thread is here http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=18098

So I went back to the image of the veil and brought out a 100%crop of the edge of the veil. This image was shot at f3.5 1/1250 with flash ISO 400 on my 1DsMkII handheld. It has been processed in Photoshop and sharpened in the grey channel in LAB at 200, 2, 10. The whole actual image image at 100% on my screen is about 3 by 4 feet. And it is sharp as this 100& crop demonstrates. You can actually see each thread of the veil. I knew I liked digital shooting, but this is truly remarkable.:thumb

35973875-L.jpg

The original image demonstrating how small the above image is
35577248-L.jpg
Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2005
    that's a great pic, first of all. and you've shown the resolving power of excellent glass and an amazing body. thanks for the demo!
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    Yep. Even though I traded the awesome 35 L for that lens, I've been happy with it. Carrying a small bag and my 10-22, 24-70 L, and the 70-200 L covers me well when on vacation or just walking around.

I wish I had the 1ds2 though.
    andy wrote:
    that's a great pic, first of all. and you've shown the resolving power of excellent glass and an amazing body. thanks for the demo!
    :): :):

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    Khaos wrote:
    I wish I had the 1ds2 though.

Just wait, Khaos, maybe Andy will sell his 1DsMkII again. I caught his first one at just the right time thumb.gif

• Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    Hey thats a beautiful bridethumb.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumb.gif.............Mereimagebowdown.gif