Holiday Collection

StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
edited December 14, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I've been collecting (or I should say "my mother has been collecting") ornaments since I was three years old. This year I decided to play with my 20mm/1.7 lens a bit and see if I could finally get some satisfactory (if cliche and sentimental) shots of a few ornaments. I thought maybe posting a few would bring a smile to your face (especially the last one).

1126633031_KeuS9-M.jpg

1125016231_yu97R-M.jpg

1125016352_oXxhY-M.jpg

I didn't notice the reflection until after the shot...I had focused near the right edge, but because the ball is cracked mirror under a thick glass coating, it turned out that I was (mostly) in focus also!

Merry Christmas!

(c&c welcome, of course!)

Comments

• quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    I like the snowman!
    For the reflection I often just smudge myself a bit so it less obvious I was in the shot. Of course it can also make a funny portrait, this was a card I did for a couple a few years back.

117492974_Bv8gs-L.jpg
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    Yes, I could blur it... and I could have easily taken my reflection out, since I have several shots of the cracked glass. But I thought it was kind of funny and I have no real purpose for the pictures...so why not leave it!

I love the picture you have posted...what a great Christmas card! I don't think I have a ornament ball that simple and shiny to try something similar. You must have taken this in a fairly formal, large space...I love the lines of the columns and floor as they bend on the curved surface.

Others are welcome to post ornament/holiday reflection shots! You all might give me an idea I want to try...thumb.gif
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    Cute! thumb.gif I like the glossiness that you have captured on #1. can't wait to see some more. :D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/