Options

Domain hosting and nameservers

MyCavDickensMyCavDickens Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited December 15, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I had a smugmug pro account a couple of years ago, but canceled it. My domain name was and still is registered through smugmug domains by godaddy. I have been using netins.net to host my domain. Do I need to keep this (or another) hosting service when I return to smugmug if I'm only using the site for photos?

If I don't need the hosting service, then what nameservers do I use?

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    If you're not using a custom domain with Smugmug, you don't need any other hosting service in order to use Smugmug.

If you still have a power account and are still using a custom domain with Smugmug, then you need to keep the domain registrar account going (which sounds like it's godaddy) in order to keep the custom domain going. The domain provider should be providing nameservers for your domain as that's part of their deal.

DNS nameservers for your own personal PC use are the responsibility of your ISP (whoever provides you internet connectivity) or you can use openDNS which I do, but these nameservers have nothing to do with your domain and only to do with you accessing the internet via your ISP.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question