Options

47: yeah thats me!

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited September 18, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
35986389-M.jpg

35986394-M.jpg

35986397-M-1.jpg

35986400-M.jpg

Ok here is what I have so far. Its after working two jobs and a class today. So I dont look all that hot.
Any ideas, sugjestions?

Comments

• Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2005
    I like the second one. The composition is appealing and the lighting works pretty well. I wish the "hat logo" was a little more visible in that shot to give reference to your sport and your "stick" but there is enough of it showing. The first one is too dark under the hat brim and the last two look a little too "posed" for my tastes.

thumb.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2005
    I like the 2nd one the best as well. Very natural looking pose and the composition is good.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    ktb53ktb53 Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    I agree...
    tmlphoto wrote:
    I like the 2nd one the best as well. Very natural looking pose and the composition is good.

The second one is the best. You might want to unzip that jacket a bit. Just seems a bit unnatural, although I know your going to cold ice hockey feel. Maybe if you were able to shoot on the rink with a shallow DoF it would add to that feel? Just a thought.
    What if the Hokey Pokey REALLY IS what it's all about?
  • Options
    So I took some more for fun.

36083062-M-1.jpg

36083051-M.jpg

36083058-M.jpg3051-M.jpg

The irony, I HATE posing for photos, I hate having pictures taken of me. One of the reasons when I shoot non sports I try to blend in, I feel like you get better facial expressions and more natural expressions that way. I kind of shot a bunch and tried to either be serious, or tried to make myself laugh so it looked natural.

I want to go back behind my camera please.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    I really like your last shot of the most recent series. The composition is nice and the focus on your eyes is dead on. We can finally clearly see the blade from your stick without having to guess what it is. I think you have found your entry.thumb.gif

Now go back behind the camera and relax.:D
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2005
    They all still seem blah to me. I am trying to come up with an idea that really sets it apart from...hmmm just standing in front of my camera with a remote. Mucho challenging cause if I come up with an idea I have to manipulate myself to it, which can be hard via the trial and error of snapping some photos.\

I figured a self portrait including one of my others hobbies would be a good idea.
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2005
    36415961-M-1.jpgHere is another attempt.