Valley of the Gods

joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited December 17, 2010 in Landscapes
Thunderclouds.jpg
Valley of the Gods is located in southern Utah near the Arizona border. This was taken in May 2009 as a thunderstorm was approaching. I'd display more pictures, but it appears I'm limited to one photograph (for now.)

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited December 15, 2010
    You can only attach one image - eg" actually uploading the image to dgrin's servers, for each single post.

To post more than one image at a time, your images have to be hosted online somewhere, like smugmug, or other web hosting services, and then just the link is included in your post, and your picture is downloaded real time, each time via the web.

Mokey Dugway is always a cool place. I need to go back to Valley of the Gods and stay overnight again.

Show us some more of your work, please.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Utah is an incredible place and I love the stretch of shadow you caught through the middle. Very dramatic.
  • yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    Nice!
    Valley of the Gods is one of my favorite places.
    Regards,
    AZFred
  • joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    pathfinder wrote: »
    You can only attach one image - eg" actually uploading the image to dgrin's servers, for each single post.

To post more than one image at a time, your images have to be hosted online somewhere, like smugmug, or other web hosting services, and then just the link is included in your post, and your picture is downloaded real time, each time via the web.

Mokey Dugway is always a cool place. I need to go back to Valley of the Gods and stay overnight again.

Show us some more of your work, please.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. And thanks everyone for your comments.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    Very nice, love the dramatic sky and big vista.
  • joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Thanks. I reattached the image from the website. I've also attached 2 more pictures from the same trip. The first is from the top of Moki Dugway looking down on one of many hairpin turns. The other is Goosenecks State Park nearby.
    Moki1.jpgGoosenecks.jpg
  • yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Nicely done!
    you're really stirring my travel genes, and reminding me that I need to get back up to UT to these beautiful places. thumb.gif
    Regards,
    AZFred