set price to 0 (zero) for downloads

gmjphotosgmjphotos Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited March 26, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi gang -

just a quick question;

I shot a fast series for a good friend of mine, and got paid in cash - i wanted to make the final images (10) available to her as download at no cost - since I already got paid.
When i set the price to 0 (zero) in the gallery pricing for downloads - the images are then unavailable as download. How can i get around charging her through SM?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Mike - GMJPhotos
www.gmjphotos.com
Canon 7D - 70-200 f/2.8 IS | 85 f/1.8 | 28-135 f/3.5 and still the dire need for better glass

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    Reupload those ten images to a new, unlisted gallery and set the max size available to "original". Then, in the Tools menu, create a ZIP file of the whole gallery and email them the link.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • gmjphotosgmjphotos Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    Thanks John - so far so good, I got all the steps done...except..I can't seem to find where to create a zip file through the "tools" menu..

NM - it's behind the "download" option - cleverly hidden. :D

Mike

Mike - GMJPhotos
    www.gmjphotos.com
    Canon 7D - 70-200 f/2.8 IS | 85 f/1.8 | 28-135 f/3.5 and still the dire need for better glass
    edited December 16, 2010
    gmjphotos wrote: »
    Thanks John - so far so good, I got all the steps done...except..I can't seem to find where to create a zip file through the "tools" menu..

NM - it's behind the "download" option - cleverly hidden. :D

Mike
    Tools/This Gallery/Download All.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • jbarteejbartee Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 16, 2010
    can I sell the .ZIP file?
    I love this feature and will use it! Does anyone know if I can put a PRICE on a .ZIP file?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    jbartee wrote: »
    I love this feature and will use it! Does anyone know if I can put a PRICE on a .ZIP file?

Well a customer can purchase all digital downloads, so in essence, yes, you are pricing that.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited December 16, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    ...customer can purchase all digital downloads
    Andy -
    Is there any way to turn off the purchase of all digital downloads?

Selection of all digital downloads in a gallery with a reasonable number of photos comes up with a totally outrageous price - and while I'd like to continue to make individual digital downloads available I'd prefer to remove the "all" option. I don't see any way in the pricing tool to remove the ability to purchase all downloads.

--- Denise
  • gmjphotosgmjphotos Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Andy -

Selection of all digital downloads in a gallery with a reasonable number of photos comes up with a totally outrageous price - and while I'd like to continue to make individual digital downloads available I'd prefer to remove the "all" option. I don't see any way in the pricing tool to remove the ability to purchase all downloads.

--- Denise

I second that. I shot another event, not all people want all images, but only selected images. Since I was paid in advance, I can't charge them via SM. Since individuals want only selected images, the .rar file option is not an option - particularly since the "audience" is probably not proficient enough to unrar a file.
    At the same time, I can't set a price to "0" for individual image downloads - now...what?!
    Unless I'm doing something wrong (very likely), I do strongly believe that the Digital Download must have a "0.00" price option - it would only make sense.

Advice?

M.

Mike - GMJPhotos
    www.gmjphotos.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Andy -

--- Denise

Stay tuned :)
  • laplap Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2011
    download button
    I take photos for my son's school...and I've created a page Local Events, to showcase them. When I originally created the galleries..I was able to display the "download image" button, by not protecting the gallery and choosing original size...now the button has disappeared in all the galleries???? Help?? What did I do?
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    edited March 26, 2011
    lap wrote: »
    I take photos for my son's school...and I've created a page Local Events, to showcase them. When I originally created the galleries..I was able to display the "download image" button, by not protecting the gallery and choosing original size...now the button has disappeared in all the galleries???? Help?? What did I do?
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    I see that at least some of your galleries have right-click protection on. That will remove the download button. You must have originals enabled and right-click protection off to have a download button show in a particular gallery.
    --John
    HomepagePopular