Options

First Post, Only 1 Pic

TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
edited January 9, 2011 in Go Figure
Hello All, I have been lurking on this forum for a little while now, and was looking at one of my older pictures and thought of a question. This was taken when I first started out, and I know it has LOTS of technical issues :rolleyes, but still like it :dunno lol

el6yvc.jpg

My question is - To those of you that do boudoir photography, do you often photoshop out moles or freckles? Do you ask the client first? Or just wait and see if they bring it up?

I find all of her dark freckles here really distracting, is it just me? haha
Canon Fan

Comments

• Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    I find all of her dark freckles here really distracting, is it just me? haha
    I do not find them distracting at all. I prefer as little processing as possible and typically only clone permanent features at the clients request. If she had a big pimple on her forehead then I'd say go for it but she doesn't. This girl is beautiful and her moles couldn't bother me less.
    Travis
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Welcome to GF!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    eleganteyeeleganteye Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    I like the muted color palette.
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2010
    Thanks, She has very olive/tan skin, and this desaturated treatment took a little of that distraction away :-)
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    Photoshopping out blemishes is, to my mind, always a personal preference issue of the photographer. Also, it depends on who "the client" is. If I am photographing someone who I am paying to shoot, with model release form and all that, then I figure I own the shots and I don't generally inquire. If I am getting paid, and the alterations are serious, then I inquire. I've found, however, that unlike Cromwell (who famously wanted to be painted "warts and all") most people prefer a little touch up. Stretch marks are definitely out, as are distracting moles. Freckles, however, I usually leave, as they often really make the character of the person.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    Natural or not
    I leave the natural in but soften it to taste if they're paying. If I am doing a model shoot, I get to do what ever I want to the image.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com