• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2004
    shakey - woke up in a fog
    Shakey wrote:
    Woke up in a Fog

6002983-S.jpg
    from andy:

this is lovely. i really like the strong lines and the soft (quality of) light. this was soooo close. congrats on an excellent image, shakey.

From Shay:
    I like the lower half of the photo a lot, but the upper half is just doing nothing for me.
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2004
    rutt's entry
    rutt wrote:
    Here is my entry

5955706-S.jpg
    from andy:

i don't get "quality of light" here, i do get a fine fine silhouette shot, lots to keep me thinking about with this photo. i think there's a bit of trouble with the light top center, needs some work? still, a good image and i like the mood of it.

From Shay:
    The image quality of the photo looks poor. The focus looks like it was unintentionally off. I like the concept, it should be reshot.
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2004
    pathfinder - rain
    pathfinder wrote:
    I'll call this shot "Rain"

6042286-S.jpg
    from andy:

a great lily close-up. but doesn't say "quality of light" to me. love the water drops, a great touch.

From Shay:
    I agree, it is a nice photo, but the light is not playing a central roll here. The quality of the light is soft, but the subject of the photo is lost among the three competing subjects, and the light is so soft that that it has just become illumination.
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2004
    freeups - it takes two, baby
    FreeUps wrote:
    It takes twoooooo babaaaaay

15346.jpg

Marshall
    from andy:

the image is a bit busy and so i couldn't find the quality of light that i was looking for. i like the coloring though, and the two birds.

From Shay:
    Poor image quality from the focus, blown highlights, and low dynamic range really obscure the subject. It is more of an abstract now, which could still be good, but doesn't resonate in a quality of light setting.