Winter by work

NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited December 19, 2010 in Landscapes
I took these on my lunch at work and wanted to share. Please, any C&C is welcome.

#1. A little stream that hasn't frozen over yet.
1129715649_ZT6sN-L.jpg

#2. Peaceful bridge.
1129715841_zwMB3-L.jpg

#3. Some bunny tracks running across the trail.
1129715721_NHXLE-L.jpg

Comments

• Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Love the bridge! I would try a crop on that one at the start of the bridge.
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    looks like a nice area. the first shot has some nice depth.
  • NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Bryans12v wrote: »
    Love the bridge! I would try a crop on that one at the start of the bridge.

Thank you, Bryans! Which one do you feel is better?
    1129832470_YJesa-L.jpg

1129841079_yhrBj-L.jpg
    edited December 17, 2010
    looks like a nice area. the first shot has some nice depth.

Thank you, Wicked. Yes it is. Too bad this was a spur of the moment shoot...I was out there in my nicer shoes with VERY cold feet. I lasted about 10 minutes. Next time, I bring boots. Gotta get out there for a better walk.
  • Omani_LensesOmani_Lenses Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2010
    I like this kind of winter cause where i came from, we have summer all the time. very nice photos and i like the one with the bridge after the crop from bottom of the image.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    Thank you, Wicked. Yes it is. Too bad this was a spur of the moment shoot...I was out there in my nicer shoes with VERY cold feet. I lasted about 10 minutes. Next time, I bring boots. Gotta get out there for a better walk.

spur of the moment is what you make of it. I have some grab shots off a bridge that are some of the best I shot all year. After that day without boots I decided to keep mine in the car for just those times. mwink.gif
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    On your second set, I prefer #2. The closer position to the structure you have has eliminated the short bushes in the foreground, simplified things a bit. Although I like the framing effect you get in the first image by including the tree on the right. hmmmm
    edited December 19, 2010
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    On your second set, I prefer #2. The closer position to the structure you have has eliminated the short bushes in the foreground, simplified things a bit. Although I like the framing effect you get in the first image by including the tree on the right. hmmmm

Thank you, Doug. Of all the bridge pictures, or rather, crops of the same picture, I think I like #2 of the second set best, too. Though the framing in the other one with the tree is something I hadn't even noticed. Why must I be so indecisive?! ;-)
    edited December 19, 2010
    spur of the moment is what you make of it. I have some grab shots off a bridge that are some of the best I shot all year. After that day without boots I decided to keep mine in the car for just those times. mwink.gif

You know...I think that would be a good idea for me. :lol
    edited December 19, 2010
    I like this kind of winter cause where i came from, we have summer all the time. very nice photos and i like the one with the bridge after the crop from bottom of the image.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing

Thank you for the feedback, Omani! Winter here definitely has its charm. In a way, I'm pretty spoiled where I live; we have four discernible seasons. The only downside about winter photography though...IT'S BLOODY COLD!!! :lol