"Cathedral"

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited December 18, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Sometimes, when the long, dark nights of winter grow tedious and tiresome, when the gloomy, dreary days become depressing, and the months until spring seem to stretch on interminably, it's nice to look back on the beauty of seasons past as a reminder that the cold and dark will not last forever. The wheel continues to turn, and the rhythms of the world proceed at their own stately pace. We cannot hurry the cycle along, but we can remind ourselves that the season of rebirth and new life will come. It will come in its own time, and it often seems far too slow in arriving, but arrive it will, and with it will come the lush greens and brilliant colors of spring, and the feeling of awakening from yet another long and fitful sleep...

This little glimpse of that lush, glorious spring is one of my favorite "reminders", an image I often pull up and look at to reassure myself that the dull, drab world I see outside my window now will eventually give way to the vibrant color and life of spring. It was taken several years ago with my old Panasonic DMC-FZ20 at 12x zoom (432mm equivalent), 1/320 sec @ f/4.0....

Cathedralsm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    Beautiful words and image, Rocky! I love the simplicity and the green-yellow color combo. Thanks so much for sharing this one.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com