Shooting Light Bulbs

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited December 20, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Bored and made a real mess in the basement!

Z

It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    cool shots the pictures turned out great,
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    I just love shots like this :D

Some day I hope to do something like this ... someday....
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 19, 2010
    Hah! I thought this was going to be about exposure. rolleyes1.gif Well done thumb.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 19, 2010
    Excellent. Sound operated trigger?
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Excellent. Sound operated trigger?

Exactly, with delay. Figuring out the proper delay is cirtical, then its easy!
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited December 19, 2010
    I don't see any bullets...

BB gun?

Pellet gun?

What trigger did you use, George?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited December 19, 2010
    pathfinder wrote: »
    I don't see any bullets...

I used a pellet pistol and a Hi Viz (www.hiviz.com) delay trigger. I mistakenly ordered two, so if anyone wants one new in box, let me know and I will save you the postge.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 19, 2010
    What a set up! :wow You are a geek extraordinaire! I love it!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

That last shot of the exploding ornament is just super. Thanks for the tech info too. nod.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    Nice shots, Z. I, too, like the ornament shot.

Pellet guns send projectiles at a much slower rate than powder guns. So, if you want the pellet in the picture, move the sensor closer to the pistol. Harold Edgerton did hundreds of frames before he captured any bullets.

By the way, how much for the sensor? I may be interested in it.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited December 20, 2010
    eL eSs Vee wrote: »
    Nice shots, Z. I, too, like the ornament shot.

Pellet guns send projectiles at a much slower rate than powder guns. So, if you want the pellet in the picture, move the sensor closer to the pistol. Harold Edgerton did hundreds of frames before he captured any bullets.

By the way, how much for the sensor? I may be interested in it.

I am only about two dozen shots in, so perhaps there is still some learning curve. I have seen his photos of the exploding apple and playing card, complete with bullet. Fantastic. You have a better appreciation for the sport!

I sent you a PM with the sensor information. I hope you get it.

Z