snow covered tree

LadukebobLadukebob Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited December 21, 2010 in Landscapes
Trying to take advantage of the new snow this morning and this tree caught my eye. It was back lit but I thought it worked out alright. Any spots are due to falling snow.

p223200454-5.jpg

Dan
Nikon D90
18-105 mm
85 mm 1.8
10-20 mm
35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    It's pretty good, maybe portrait comp would work better? I think what would really be nice would be if you used the 18-105 to get up close in the braches, with foreground/background branches. Just a thought. Nice job with the lighting and exposure, in my experience snow is a difficult subject to shoot.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    I agree with the Canon guy a verticle perspective would be best. I love this tree it is very graphic with great lines and curves, your exposure looks great, hopefully its close by to reshoot. Not a big deal but it looks like your getting some red chromatic aberration on the right side of the tree.
  • LadukebobLadukebob Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    I agree with the Canon guy a verticle perspective would be best. I love this tree it is very graphic with great lines and curves, your exposure looks great, hopefully its close by to reshoot. Not a big deal but it looks like your getting some red chromatic aberration on the right side of the tree.

I think that aberration is caused by the back lighting by the sun. I think?

This is another shot of the same tree.

p445325222-5.jpg
    Nikon D90
    18-105 mm
    85 mm 1.8
    10-20 mm
    35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    I like that one better. Maybe it's the clouds, they give it more depth.