Cats at Home

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited December 22, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Just thought I'd share a couple of recent shots of my cats. Last year, I posted some shots of Wicket and Abbey, my two kittens, as they were growing up. They are now 20 months old, fully grown, and loads of fun. Here they are in a quieter moment. The background is a red chair that always makes a nice contrast to their black coats.

Enjoy! As always, C&C is welcomed and appreciated.

1130736974_8C4rr-L.jpg

1130767772_u3bpp-L.jpg

3. And here is John Brown, nearly 16 years but acting younger since the kittens came along!
1130739009_fwMTf-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Brian_SBrian_S Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    nice pictures, cute cats, the black one in #2 has a real mischievous look about him :)
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    Brian, you hit the nail on the head! She (both young cats are girls) is a ball of fire, always jumping and running. She is the fastest creature I have ever been around. She loves to jump from the second story balcony to the bottom of the stairs, then 1 jump onto the armchair. It's like a giant bouncing ball. Her favorite thing to do is climb onto some furniture and throw stuff onto the floor--books, boxes, flashlights, etc. Nothing is safe!!!! Thanks for looking.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    I think I remember pictures of these kitties when they were babies?????

A nice set. My favorite is the last one......:D
    edited December 21, 2010
    Good memory, Gary! Yes, you did see quite a few shots of Wicket and Abbey when they were kittens. Here they are at about 8 weeks:

Wicket outgrew here stripes and is now solid black, sleek, and beautiful!
    1133468225_cvKNC-M.jpg

Abbey is a real mama's girl . . . she follows me everywhere and even gets into the shower after I get out!
    1133468701_Uvi6Z-M.jpg

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Oh sooo cute :D

I wish I could have a cat .. allergies are the pits :cry
    edited December 22, 2010
    Mary - I am officially allergic to cats too. But I took shots for years and they really made a huge difference. My husband had cats when we married and at first it made me very sick. I had to choose between taking shots and staying married, or skipping the shots and being single. I opted for the shots and it was totally worth it.......to get to keep the cats! rolleyes1.gif

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    Mary - I am officially allergic to cats too. But I took shots for years and they really made a huge difference. My husband had cats when we married and at first it made me very sick. I had to choose between taking shots and staying married, or skipping the shots and being single. I opted for the shots and it was totally worth it.......to get to keep the cats! rolleyes1.gif

I've heard that if your around cats one's body gets use to it. Thought of trying it many times.

Good choice ... keeping the cats rolleyes1.gifAnd the hubby too :D