Options

66 Gold and Silver

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited December 22, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any thoughts on this landscape which, coincidentally caught the colors we're looking for?

Thanks for looking...

1131741994_HWrru-L.jpg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    The colors are PERFECT!
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    That's gorgeous!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    One word...SWEET!!! Perfect as is.
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    Love the colors, wish there was something other than water in the foreground.
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    Sky is beautiful - great colors & clouds. Wonder if you could brighten the water to make it appear silver-ish?
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    maybe something silhouetted in the water??
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    This is really nice. The sky color is spectacular, though I do agree the the foreground water is problematic. So... as has been suggested above, I think you might play a little and see what a few different edits might do.

Think about...
    ...cropping to minimize the amount of water (although the color difference of the water as it is now may be just as distracting in a small band on the bottom as it is currently) So...

...what might it look like with just the sky? That's where the real impact of the image is for me, or...

...I like the idea of playing with the tonal palette of the water. I suspect it might move quite easily to the purple spectrum.

Regardless of what you do or don't do to it - kudos on a beautiful capture. I live a few miles from the coast in southern CA and have been waiting for the rain to break at sunset (when I can get there). Life's just so dang hectic this time of year.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    And every cloud has a ... golden ... lining? Beautiful capture and colors. thumb.gif That being said, I agree that something in the water would anchor the foreground. Short of that, I find the right side of the photo slightly distracting. Perhaps cropping out the blue section and having a slightly vertical comp? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    OK. I can crop around a bit. But I cannot fix the foreground. This was an "oh, look, it is silver and gold" moment while editing away after a day's shoot. Wasn't planned, and therefore, wasn't fixed before leaving. Back to the drawing board. Thanks everyone.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    ghinson wrote: »
    OK. I can crop around a bit. But I cannot fix the foreground. This was an "oh, look, it is silver and gold" moment while editing away after a day's shoot. Wasn't planned, and therefore, wasn't fixed before leaving. Back to the drawing board. Thanks everyone.

No. No. You can very well fix that Water to have a Golden Hue!! I know you can, right? (Theres prob only fifty ways to do it!)...You do that and it's on like a Pot of Chicken Bones!
    tom wise