1130862545_nfSPH-L-5.jpg

1130862090_oSyue-XL-6.jpg
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 20, 2010
    Very nice, Aaron. It's great having such beautiful scenery and sunsets right in your backyard, isn't it? I like #3 the best. Have you considered opening up the shadowed areas a bit on the first two? The foregrounds look pretty dark on my monitor, and #3 looks about right.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Very nice, Aaron. It's great having such beautiful scenery and sunsets right in your backyard, isn't it? I like #3 the best. Have you considered opening up the shadowed areas a bit on the first two? The foregrounds look pretty dark on my monitor, and #3 looks about right.

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks for the comments. This area is about 20 minutes from the house with some nice trails.

#1- was intended to be that dark. Its a play on negative space creating a large portion of the image. I needed a ridge with some Saguaros for it to really work. Just imagine there are 4-6 large Saguaros to the left third.

#2- there is not enough detail (at least not sharp detail) to lighten the shadows.

#3- this one is lacking the detail I would have liked as well but it works better due to the layers and color tones.

Still working through the new system and lack of lenses.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion