Jackson, pensive

jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
edited December 22, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
[FONT=&quot]Looking out the window at two feet of snow, trying to figure it all out. It must be difficult for a dog to understand why his environment has been turned upside down. He can't chase his ball in the back yard, his walks are shorter and the route is different because the sidewalk plow doesn't do both sides of the street. He spends more time indoors (we all do), and when he does get outside, all of his favorite sniffing spots have been covered with a white blanket. Oh, and it's freezing! I wish I knew what went on in his little head. He doesn't realize that the colors, grass and warm temperatures are all coming back in five months. I wish I could tell him.

1126658833_3rnHy-M.jpg
[/FONT]

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    I really like how you formulated your dogs thoughts. I do that all the time when I see that look on my dog's face. Doesn't help either that I wreck her favorite time - going outside - by putting her boots on. What starts out as pure joy turns into "I'm not happy now".

Dogs don't understand, but when spring time comes ... they are so darn happy :D

Great picture of your dog. I like the lights in the background too. Works so well with your white dog.
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Nice shot! He's probably also wondering why the heck there's a tree INSIDE the house?

My dog is actually the opposite. In winter she will go outside and happily lie on the deck in 15 degrees while the snow piles up on her, and walks in the snowy woods are her (and my) favorite thing to do. Then when spring/summer comes and the temps head above 50°F, she turns into a lumpy carpet, parked in front of the A/C.
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Nice shot! He's probably also wondering why the heck there's a tree INSIDE the house?

I never thought about the tree being inside rolleyes1.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    Trees indoors could be a problem for some dogs . . . . .

I love everything about this shot, including your narrative!! So often I want to explain things to my pets. It's like when you leave for the store and you want them to understand they aren't being abandoned. I always use the same "I'll be right back" phrase, no matter how long I'm gone. I like to think there is a part of them that gets it.

Great shot!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    Thanks you all for your comments and I'm glad you could appreciate the narrative. I didn't think of the tree being inside either! What strange customs we humans have.

Have a great Christmas.