Options

Newborn baby Girl!

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited December 21, 2010 in People
This is my third newborn PB session. I have others at home, these are just some I happen to have at work that I wanted to futz with. I was always reluctant to do newborns because I was not that confident in my ability to get shots that I felt were awesome. I think I am getting somewhere.... Thanks so much!!

1.1/100,
f/1.8
ISO 160

Does this work even though dad is wearing a flannel shirt??

5277489063_ea01da786b_z.jpg

2.1 /160,
f/1.8
ISO 160

5277489033_558725ab57_z.jpg

3. 1 /160,
f/1.8
ISO 160

Do the legs bother you on this one?

5278099414_f0511f6f86_z.jpg
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    I like #1, as you mentioned the flannel shirt/patterned background definitely is a distraction ... I'd darken the shirt to black. #2 is delightful (but, the big but, maybe a touch too much negative space above the head). #3 is an interesting angle ... sorta hard go go wrong with infants and puppies.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    NihilationNihilation Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    I can't help but think 'frog' when I look at #3.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2010
    When I see three I think that it looks like the bottom half of her legs are missing!! Grr it was one of the photos I was psyched for!!

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • Options
    kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    i like that dad is wearing a flannel shirt in #1. i've seen this shot done by other photographers, so the flannel shirt makes it a little different. it has a "dad" quality to it.
    Kristen
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    #3 is fine. That's what some babies do, fer Pete's sake. I used to call one of my daughters "Froggie" 'cause she did the same thing. I wish I had a photo of it. She's 36 now. Years that is . . . not months.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2010
    lol thanks all!!! I was really happy with the photos overall. I feel that I am getting it! This was the first one where I used a bean bag and it made such a difference!! I really love photographing newborns, you would not have heard me say that last week :)

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Ha! Wait 'till you get a cranky one.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    kris10jo wrote: »
    i like that dad is wearing a flannel shirt in #1. i've seen this shot done by other photographers, so the flannel shirt makes it a little different. it has a "dad" quality to it.

clap.gif
    Canon Fan