Worn Out And Used Up

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited December 21, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
1127328072_aQcaS-XL.jpg

1127328245_qL9Ut-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    I like the the angle in which you shot the first one. The weather seems to fit the look of the structure ... gloomy.

The second photo ... my favorite :D

All the pieces of what looks like fake bricks falling every which way really makes it so interesting. Did you get a close up of that .. abstractie looking. Almost like life in general .. we go this way and that way .. till we finally settle in. This place looks settled in.

Cool .. I like how the light bulb lights up the billboard. So many neat little things to look at in one photo thumb.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I like the the angle in which you shot the first one. The weather seems to fit the look of the structure ... gloomy.

The second photo ... my favorite :D

All the pieces of what looks like fake bricks falling every which way really makes it so interesting. Did you get a close up of that .. abstractie looking. Almost like life in general .. we go this way and that way .. till we finally settle in. This place looks settled in.

Cool .. I like how the light bulb lights up the billboard. So many neat little things to look at in one photo thumb.gif

Hi Mary,

I often think of you when I'm shooting scenes like this.....knowing how you like this kind of old stuff.

I like your idea of getting a close-up abstract of the old garage. I have to be on my toes, though, when taking a picture of this place. The crotchety old codger who owns it has run me off before. He lives next-door and I think he must eat, sleep, and live on the porch. The old garage hasn't been used for years but, if you stop to shoot it, he comes charging off the porch at you.

Happy holidays,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited December 20, 2010
    Hi Mary,

I often think of you when I'm shooting scenes like this.....knowing how you like this kind of old stuff.

I like your idea of getting a close-up abstract of the old garage. I have to be on my toes, though, when taking a picture of this place. The crotchety old codger who owns it has run me off before. He lives next-door and I think he must eat, sleep, and live on the porch. The old garage hasn't been used for years but, if you stop to shoot it, he comes charging off the porch at you.

Happy holidays,

Tom

Yes I do like these old places ... there is just something about them that I can't put into words.

Amazing how fast an older guy can run rolleyes1.gifBet he'd be a hoot to talk with. Guys like that usually have many interesting stories to tell.

Does he own the old place? Hope you can get a closer shot sometime ... just have your runnin' shoes on rolleyes1.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 21, 2010
    The old garage hasn't been used for years but, if you stop to shoot it, he comes charging off the porch at you.

Now that would make a great shot. mwink.gif

Love the first one. thumb.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    I'm with Richard--next time, grab a shot of the old guy running at you. It might be your last shot at this location but it could be a doozy!

I like both shots. Mary's right about the weather--it fits the subjects nicely and gives some subtle lighting. Makes the colors in the McCullough sign stand out!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 21, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Now that would make a great shot. mwink.gif

Love the first one. thumb.gif

Hi Richard,

Thanks for looking in. I agree it would make a great shot. I just don't want to be the photographer. The old guy's next move is probably unleashing the dogs on you.

Happy holidays,

Tom
    edited December 21, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    I'm with Richard--next time, grab a shot of the old guy running at you. It might be your last shot at this location but it could be a doozy!

I like both shots. Mary's right about the weather--it fits the subjects nicely and gives some subtle lighting. Makes the colors in the McCullough sign stand out!

Lauren

Hey Lauren,

See my response ( above ) to Richard. This is a crusty old mountain man y'all want me to screw around with. Hell, he probably hunts squirrels with a throwing knife. When he starts in my direction....I'm outa there, pronto.:D:D

Take care,

Tom
    edited December 21, 2010
    Hell, he probably hunts squirrels with a throwing knife.

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    I like them both, Tom. Those old barns make for great picture opportunities. Are these taken in N.C. ? :Dgary