wispy hair?

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited December 21, 2010 in People
This little gal has some fly-away hair. I've cloned out a few, but I don't want to go to far. I'm wondering...should I remove a few more or should I leave it as is? This shot is to be used as a sort of "school photo" and to give to the grandparents. Any other suggestions?

1133276325_iXQuC-X2.jpg

And here's her brother. I got rid of a couple stray hairs on him, too, but I think he's good to go.
1133276664_KEbd3-X2.jpg

Do these look warm enough? I keep second guessing my white balance!
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Despite all the talk here lately of over sharpening eyes (with good merit!) I would lightly sharpen their eyes here and maybe fix a little more of her hair. Not too fake, but perfectly un-noticable is the goal :-)
    Canon Fan
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    I would probably take a few more out especially the horizontal ones at her nose level. There are 2-3 on her left (the ones parallel to each other) and another 2 on the her right side. The 2nd one is more at her mouth-level. I agree with TenThirten that the eyes could be brightened a bit.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Mike J wrote: »
    I would probably take a few more out especially the horizontal ones at her nose level. There are 2-3 on her left (the ones parallel to each other) and another 2 on the her right side. The 2nd one is more at her mouth-level. I agree with TenThirten that the eyes could be brightened a bit.

me too.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Alrighty...better? The trouble with removing hair is that it seems it can never end...once you take out one, it reveals three more that stick out! Laughing.gif!

1133574646_xPjoV-X2.jpg

1133574606_GoeMu-X2.jpg

I did a tiny touch-up on the eyes. It may not be very visible, but I can see a slight difference when viewing side by side.
    Elaine

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Yes I think that is much better and the hair is just right . Perhaps one of those times you are so close you need to back away and look with fresh eyes.The hair before really bothered me with the horizontal stray, now it is just fine!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    The hair is much better. One other "nit-picky-thing"... I wonder how it would like of you whitened his teeth just enough to take out the yellow tinge? I don't think they should be sparkling white... just a little less yellow???????
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
    edited December 21, 2010
    The hair is much better. One other "nit-picky-thing"... I wonder how it would like of you whitened his teeth just enough to take out the yellow tinge? I don't think they should be sparkling white... just a little less yellow???????

I actually did brighten his teeth a bit, both in LR and PS, and I was afraid to do it too much more or it might be really obvious that I messed with them! He has such fair skin, and with that bit of white T-shirt showing, it makes everything that isn't white look rather non-white, if that makes sense. It's so hard to know how much to do, and for my own sanity's sake, I tend toward the less is more approach. ne_nau.gif
    Elaine

edited December 21, 2010
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Yes I think that is much better and the hair is just right . Perhaps one of those times you are so close you need to back away and look with fresh eyes.The hair before really bothered me with the horizontal stray, now it is just fine!!

Thanks, Trudy! I was pretty sure I needed to deal with those hairs, but as I said, once I start cloning hairs, it seems to just keep going and going and I just didn't know if I could handle that this week! rolleyes1.gifroflNow, I'm glad I did it.
    Elaine

edited December 21, 2010
    How 'bout a contrasty bw?

1133875284_taga9-XL.jpg
    Elaine

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    They're really sweet. Quit now. While you're ahead.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    You got the ones I was talking about. I agree with IceBear - time to quit removing hairs. I think I prefer the color versions...
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
    edited December 21, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    They're really sweet. Quit now. While you're ahead.
    Thanks! I think I will!
    Elaine

edited December 21, 2010
    Mike J wrote: »
    You got the ones I was talking about. I agree with IceBear - time to quit removing hairs. I think I prefer the color versions...

Fair enough, and thanks for your input.
    Elaine