Lunar Eclipse

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited December 21, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This was the first time I've shot a lunar eclipse. Hard enough to shoot the moon, lets just add in changing light conditions! I think it went pretty well though.

Do you like it?

1133369517_dyhNp-XL.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 21, 2010
    Very nice. I thought I might be able to catch the tail end here, but we had solid overcast and rain, so I went back to bed.. Did you take any shots of the other phases? A neat thing that I've seen is to do a composite of, say, eight different chronological shots in a single frame.
  • CanonFanCanonFan Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Cloudy here in Georgia, too...so I slept...
    Capture the Light!

Franklin, NC
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Nice shot--you got the color. I got up but it was too foggy and overcast so I went back to bed.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • helloyo53helloyo53 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    I was so disappointed to see the cloud cover in Sarnia last night. And then I sign on to all the forums I'm on and everyone posts pictures. Making me jealous. :P

Nice picture though. You really captured the colour of the moon perfectly. And you managed to get some of the stars in too. Great photo. :D
    -Brandon

Flickr
    My Gear
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Looks really good. We were having a snow storm so missed out on it :cry
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 21, 2010
    nice! I like it! It was too cold for me to stay out any longer....my face went numb in the sub zero temps!
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Love that you got it during that red phase.
    My son and I were outside at 2:00 a.m. here in NYC and it was spectacular--ridiculous clear skies and stars everywhere, our jaws nearly hit the floor. We then went back in and the livefeed cameras on NASA were blank.
    I can't wait to go home and show him this shot, he wanted to see it during the red phase too. Thanks for posting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Nice shot- I like that you could get a few stars too. Did you take this around Tracy? You must have been in a sweet spot between storms. I'm jealous, I had a camping trip planned to shoot the eclipse, then the pineapple express moved in.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Yeah, in Tracy. It started out clear until the moon was about 1/4 shaded, then the fog rolled in. I was a little mad to say the least. I stayed out though hoping for a small break knowing that if I gave up and it cleared up I would be kicking myself. Midnight rolled around and finally the fog cleared! Got really lucky.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Great catch!! I'm glad you stuck it out because it was totally worth it, looking at these.

thumb.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    Nice one thumb.gif Very rich color
    Michael
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    I like it! I had to work so no pics for me but I did duck out to catch it...in the -5º Alaska night.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook