Options

A Stunning Bugatti Type 57

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited December 24, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This jewel is a 1939 Bugatti Type 57 Aravis. The Type 57 was first introduced in 1934 and continued through 1939. The 57C and 57S were variants produced along the way. This car was the last of only 3 Aravis models made....in fact, it was one of the very last pre-war models made as production was suspended in 1940 due to the war. As with all special Type 57 models, this car was bodied by the renowned coachbuilder Gangloff.

The Type 57 was recognized as the ultimate in sporting cars. The mechanical features and the stunning style of these cars set them apart from anything else of the time. The French manufacturers were leaders in producing elegant designs and these Bugatti's were right at the top in that regard.

They were, however, not just pretty to look at. Bugatti enjoyed a long history of racing successes and they were very adept at putting these characteristics into their road cars. This very car was raced at La Mans and Comminges. It has a supercharged 8 cylinder DOHC engine capable of propelling the car to over 120 MPH. The engine in this car was, in essence, a slightly de-tuned version of the one that Bugatti used in their outrageous Type 59 Grand Prix race cars.

1134416567_8eU4A-XL.jpg

1134416475_87PaT-XL.jpg

1134416639_44s5t-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    It's so sleek. I like the chrome touches on the front of the rear fenders--I've never seen that before. Where did you shoot these? Or did you just pull this one from your garage? :D

Nice shots, Tom!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2010
    Hi Lauren,

Boy, I'd give anything to have this beauty sitting in my garage. I've seen Bugatti Type 57's before, but none any finer than this one. There just wasn't a flaw anywhere on this thing.....but then most cars that make a show of this caliber are pretty much flawless as well.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    1939....That was the year I was born.... Can I buy one for 3 or 4 million????

Beautiful car beautiful shot........:Dgary
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words, Gary.

I'm not sure what this particular Bugatti's value would be. Any Bugatti would set you back a fortune. The fact that this car is one of only 3 made in this special version would certainly drive the value WAY, WAY up. Additionally, any time you can document a racing history, you can also expect the value to substantially increase. The pedigree of the restoration on this car is beyond reproach. All these considerations point to this car being an extremely valuable ride.

Happy holidays to you, Gary.

Tom
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    For those times when you want to duck down to the corner store inconspicuously...rolleyes1.gif

Nice to see, Tom, and the info so interesting, as usual.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

Another wonderful work of Art, just can't believe all the
    hours and skill that went into making that.

Great captures as well:D

Merry Christmas to You and Darlene!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    A truly beautiful car nicely photographed
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2010
    NeilL wrote: »
    For those times when you want to duck down to the corner store inconspicuously...rolleyes1.gif

Nice to see, Tom, and the info so interesting, as usual.

Neil

Hey Neil,

It's sure great to hear from down your way. How about treating us to more of your work.

A note on going to the store inconspicuously....sadly, a lot of people would pity you for not being able to afford a new car.:D

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Tom,

Another wonderful work of Art, just can't believe all the
    hours and skill that went into making that.

Great captures as well:D

Merry Christmas to You and Darlene!!!

I'm with you, Craig. The fabricating skills....and the time required....to create this body are staggering to contemplate. Particularly so when you realize that the result is so flawless. Amazing.

I wish the best for you and Karen,

Tom
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2010
    A truly beautiful car nicely photographed

Hi Steve,

Thanks for looking in. I appreciate the kind words.

Tom
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    Ok .. I could take a ride in this car too. And it's not even red rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Ok .. I could take a ride in this car too. And it's not even red rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gifroflWell, if this one didn't get you excited I'd of had to give up.

Take care....Spring WILL come,

Tom
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    :D Very stylish. Nice curves. Neatly imaged as per your usual coupled with the ever interesting details. :D

Hope you been well. Happy Holidays buddy thumb.gif and to all your loved ones
    as well. :D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    :D Very stylish. Nice curves. Neatly imaged as per your usual coupled with the ever interesting details. :D

Hope you been well. Happy Holidays buddy thumb.gif and to all your loved ones
    as well. :D

It's terrific to hear from you, Michael. I very much appreciate your kind words and thoughtful concerns.

May God bless you and your family,

Tom