"Molotoch": fantasy weapon still life

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited December 24, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This is a sword I have hanging on the wall in my living room. It is from the Kit Rae Fantasy Weapons line. The shot itself was a bit of an evolutionary exercise, I knew there was a cool shot to be had of the sword and I kept experimenting, building one shot on the previous until I got this.

With the exception of the slight fade at the bottom edge of the shot and some slight tweaking of the of the LAB curves, this was all achieved with camera angle and lighting.

From my "Still Life" Gallery. (to fully appreciate the detail in this shot it is best viewed at 3X Large in the Still Life gallery)
1135100062_WXkx6-L.jpg
"Molotoch"

Thanks for looking. C&C always welcomed and encouraged
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    A beautiful hilt. Result pretty fine. thumb.gif Nice work for the effort.
    Would note... that if it were me, I would seriously consider cloning out the
    small light band just below the lizards tail. Don't think its doing the final any
    favors. :D
    Michael
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the input, it is appreciated
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking