Options

HTML Code--Edit Post

ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
edited December 29, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
OK, so I go to edit a post and it gives me a bunch of HTML code. I "go advanced" and it's still the code. I mean, I know it and I can live with it, but it is kinda annoying/confusing when you're trying to change the font size/color. And it happens on only one post: my gear page in "link to your gear" (on page 3). I have a bunch of heavily formatted text in that post, maybe that's why?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    Specific link to the page in question? Thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2010
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    I really don't know how to fix that. Hopefully one of the mods will. Are all the colors and formatting needed? You could just list your gear :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 24, 2010

Curious. When I go to the page and try to edit the post, there's all the HTML code in the message box. But when I go directly to the single post and hit edit, the text in the message box is formatted. Are you seeing something different with the single post link? BTW, I'm using FF on Windows.
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Curious. When I go to the page and try to edit the post, there's all the HTML code in the message box. But when I go directly to the single post and hit edit, the text in the message box is formatted. Are you seeing something different with the single post link? BTW, I'm using FF on Windows.

That is curious, I tried editing the single post and same thing, it was formatted. Okay, that works. I'm using IE8 on Vista.

Are all the colors and formatting needed? You could just list your gear :D

Of course, or I could keep it like it is. But some of us like to brag about our gearrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited December 29, 2010
    When you cut and paste from within an application like MS Word, the formatting can be carried over.

If you want to see the formatted text, click on the "A/A" in the upper right corner of the editor box and change the mode.

Does that help?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2010
    Hey, that's it. Editing from single post view had worked but it's nice to know the real solution. Thanks!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited December 29, 2010
    Hey, that's it. Editing from single post view had worked but it's nice to know the real solution. Thanks!

You're welcome.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?