Long Dry Spell

bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
edited December 27, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
CC Welcome :scratch
1136250748_cMiU4-L.jpg

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    This is too tightly composed. This would probably work better with a much wider angle lens to get some more background, and also turn the skull so that it is gives some more depth.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    That said :D I certainly like where your going with this. Very Cool. thumb.gif
    Nice sharp and OOF BG.
    Michael
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    Good input guys. Thanks. I used a 10-22 that was right in front of the skull. but your right, I could move back a bit to pull in more background and turn the skull to get more depth.

I appreciate the input and I'll work on it. :D
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 25, 2010
    Yeah, you could probably have pulled back about a foot on that super-wide, and it would have changed the entire comp. Super-wide compositions are very delicate. Very cool shot otherwise. What kind of skull is that, Brad? :wow
    edited December 26, 2010
    Thanks Joel. I'll try that next time. I'm still workiing on where the 10-22 works and even when it works for the shot the best way to take advantage of it. :D

The skull is from a Javelina. Kind of nasty little chompers they have.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    That looks like one mean beast ... scary indeed.

Do you have this sitting in your yard?
    edited December 27, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    That looks like one mean beast ... scary indeed.

Do you have this sitting in your yard?

Hi Mary, I have had the skull for at about 14 years. I cleaned it up and varnished it when my kids were young and they took it to show and tell at school. rolleyes1.gif It's just been sitting on a shelf in the garage since then.

I walked by it when shooting the rusty pigs and heard it whining about never seeing the sun so I brought it out to play. :D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    bgarland wrote: »
    Hi Mary, I have had the skull for at about 14 years. I cleaned it up and varnished it when my kids were young and they took it to show and tell at school. rolleyes1.gif It's just been sitting on a shelf in the garage since then.

I walked by it when shooting the rusty pigs and heard it whining about never seeing the sun so I brought it out to play. :D

Make sure you keep it away from the pigs ... it could be looking for a long overdue lunch rolleyes1.gif

Bet the kids loved it at show and tell :D