Options

Ch-47 Any thoughts?

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited September 15, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any thoughts on this one? Too over the top??

36142783-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2005
    I like it!
    Nice variation of "many in one" approachthumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Thanks, Nik.

Anyone prefer this one? I forgot my favorite hobby in the first.

36160728-L.jpg
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    Like the 2nd one. I think it could have been improved greatly..... had you used a Canon. eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif:D **just kiddin'...I own some Nikon stuff**.

Nice shot(s). I've seen this "film strip" idea beat to death, unfortunately.

:deadhorse

The work is solid. Just might like to see a little more of an "unusual" twist to the image/idea. Perhaps the film is partially coiled/rolled (although I've seen that on rare occassion). What about a film loop over one frame enlarging it a little bigger than the others? (enlargin your favorite image of the bunch) Perhaps a couple different color/exposure/effects ..treatments on different frames? Just tossing out ideas. Nothing wrong with the shot...and do kind of like it. Just see this a lot.
    Good luck

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    Mike,

Thanks for looking. But 8 dead horses??:cry Self portraits are tough. I thought this would be an interesting way to convey my many interests (surgeon, wine lover, photographer, tennis player, etc..). If the film strip has been overdone, I guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    I like the film effect and overall I think you did a great job on a really difficult challenge. How are you liking the D2X?
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    You can't believe everything you read?ne_nau.gif That was just my feeling. I didn't mean to discourage you. It's a good shot. Doesn't mean you shouldn't enter it. I just have seen many "film strip" portraits in my day. I thought perhaps a little more creative spin to it...than just the different poses. That part of it is good. Just looking for something to set it apart from the "usual suspects". thumb.gif

Regarding the horses.... my finger got stuck on the mouse button. :uhoh

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    Well, I guess I have led a sheltered life, but I haven't seen the film strip used to the tune of 8 dead horses. No doubt it has been done but, for what it is worth, I like your use of it and the way that your photos show different facets of your life and interests. clap.gifclap.gif I notice that you are smiling in only one of the photos though. A serious, guy, are you? rolleyes1.gif

Va

Email
  • Options
    Eric, thanks for your comments. I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the D2X. This camera is truly a work of art. After only 100 pics, I'm very comfortable with it.

Flyinggina, thanks for your kind words. Actually I am smiling behind the surgical mask. Surgeons are always happy when we operate!:):

Mike, Once again, 8 dead horses??? Fix that sticky finger!eek7.gifeek7.gifeek7.gif
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    clap.gifI love it!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    Hey Mitch, I like the second set a little better than the first. Good execution of a good idea.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com