Ch47- New attempt

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited September 16, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Yes this is the standard self portrait, but are there any comments on this one. Not getting much feedback on my other.

36160732-L.jpg

Comments

• Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2005
    I like this one also...but the comments I left on your other post..apply to this one also. I've seen too many people do this. The color/B&W twist is a bit different. It just seems like.....many folks into phtography ALWAYS do a self portrait with their camera from straight on..and either put a reflection/mirror image of themselves in the lens (relfection)...or some other object. Just feel it's been done to death also. (heck...I just did something similar..and put a pic of the viewfinder of a medium format camera with my image in it....not much different) Again..I do like it..but wouldl like to see you stretch the creativity just a bit in some more unique direction.

again...good luck.

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    Love it...well done mate thumb.gif
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    I like this shot a lot but favor the first attempt more. What does this one say about yourself in comparison to the first one? From a viewers perspective the original tells more of a story and gives us an insight into part of your life.

Could possibly work better in full B&W. ?

Impressive shot non the less
    thumb.gif
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    Thanks for the interest, guys. I have to agree that this shot has been overdone, but what the heck else can you do for self portraits?? I broke my crappy tripod taking my other pics. This was my only other hope!rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    but what the heck else can you do for self portraits??!rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    You havnt seen mine yet :uhoh