West Point Military Academy, NY

Jason HermannJason Hermann Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited December 29, 2010 in Landscapes
I would love your feedback and thoughts on this series :) I took these with my old Canon Rebel XTI and my SIgma 10-20mm.

west_point_1.jpg

west_point_2.jpg

west_point_3.jpg

west_point_4.jpg

west_point_canon_1.jpg

Best,
Jay

Comments

• MarcyMarcy Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    those are very nice pictures - did you use HDR - if so very good - and if not really good capture of the color - very nice composition on all of them
  • E ColbyE Colby Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    Hi Jay,
    Nice to see you here. Great series.
    Cheers,
    Colby
    "Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't photogenic." Edward Weston
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    Very nice series, I love your close perspectives.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 27, 2010
    Nice series. That's my old stomping grounds too. I used to live in Tomkins Cove (Stony Point). Beautiful area, and some great bird photography out that way as well.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    Hi Jay,

Very well done series. I sometimes forget how beautiful the West Point setting is.... these photos bring it all back.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Jason HermannJason Hermann Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Thanks for the comments everybody :)
    Marcy wrote: »
    those are very nice pictures - did you use HDR - if so very good - and if not really good capture of the color - very nice composition on all of them

I sure did :) Photomatix 4 Pro, 3 exposure's.
    E Colby wrote: »
    Hi Jay,
    Nice to see you here. Great series.
    Cheers,
    Colby

Hey Cobly ;) You as well!!

kdog wrote: »
    Nice series. That's my old stomping grounds too. I used to live in Tomkins Cove (Stony Point). Beautiful area, and some great bird photography out that way as well.

It sure is a gorgeous area!!
    Hi Jay,

Very well done series. I sometimes forget how beautiful the West Point setting is.... these photos bring it all back.thumb.gif

Tom

Thanks Tom :)

Best,
    Jay
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2010
    Great colors and comp. And great use of HDR. Very appealing and more realistic colors than most HDR I've seen. Faves are 1 and 6 (I am a sucker for artillery, and is there supposed to be a 5?), but all of them are very nicely done.