7D Refurb

JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
edited December 28, 2010 in Cameras
I shoot sports and action, now we are indoors and the 40D is just not cutting it. I need to run high ISO and there is just too much noise. I think I want a 7D. I can get a refurb from Canon for $1176.16 at my door. Why would I not want to do that?

Comments

• catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    if you didn't have the money, don't. otherwise ... go for it :) I do sports and would go for the 7D if I were Canon!
    //Leah
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    I have a refurb 7d from Adorama - LOVE the thing. The high ISO performance isn't as good as the 5dII, but it's verrrry impressive for a crop camera and certainly the best of any of the ones I've had (an xsi and a 50d). Also, while noise is visible at 1600+, it "cleans" easier in post than the other crop cameras IME, especially in Lightroom 3. I've regularly used mine at ISO 2000 with good results -if the shot is well exposed, you get an entirely satisfactory shot.

If you have the money, I'd say go for it - it's a definite upgrade from an of the Rebels or a 40/50d.
  • cpagilitycpagility Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    I shoot sports and action, now we are indoors and the 40D is just not cutting it. I need to run high ISO and there is just too much noise. I think I want a 7D. I can get a refurb from Canon for $1176.16 at my door. Why would I not want to do that?

I say go for it! I have a 7d and shoot sports and action and I love it :-) I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the refurb from Canon. Are you going through the loyalty program? You might be able to save $100 or so if you have a broken or old camera to turn in.

Karen
  • JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    Sounding good so far. Refurb is not scaring any body off? Nothing to use for the loyalty program but they have a 20% off promotion code going. This is cheaper than I can find for a no warrenty used model!
  • rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    Promotion code
    Sounding good so far. Refurb is not scaring any body off? Nothing to use for the loyalty program but they have a 20% off promotion code going. This is cheaper than I can find for a no warrenty used model!

Where do I find the 20% off promotion code? Thanks...
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/subCategory_10051_10051_-1_29252

Code is "1226" and gives you 20.11% off + free ground shipping on select items..
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    I got my 70-200 refurb from Adorama, they give you a 1 year warranty (it's probably different on your case). On Canon's site, shop.usa.canon.com (is that where you're getting it?), check their price on a refurb, and the loyalty program saves you 20%. If the loyalty program is cheaper than you can buy a broken p&s off fleaBay (or here in the flea market) for around 10 bucks.
    edited December 27, 2010
    http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/subCategory_10051_10051_-1_29252

Code is "1226" and gives you 20.11% off + free ground shipping on select items..

Yep, that's about the same as the loyalty program, maybe an extra .11% mwink.gif Same place for both, go with the code.
    edited December 27, 2010
    Right, 1226 on the code, the free shipping is not for the 7D. Looked like adorama had a longer warrenty but I lost the 20% savings, maybe they will match. My local shop will match B&H, Adorama, etc. Tomorrrow I'm going to check if they will match the Canon site. If so I will have it in my hot little hands tomorrow as I see they have a refurb in stock. That will give me some time with it before my next indoor equestrian event, 1/8/11.
    edited December 27, 2010
    I'd like to know the name of this shop, all the places I know of won't match online prices.
    edited December 28, 2010
    Norman Camera, they will only match the big guys. They have a web site also, maybe that is the differance between them and other locals.
    edited December 28, 2010
    AHHHH, looked at the Canon site again this morning, that 20.11% is only on accesories not for the body. So, now I need to do the loyalty plan.