Rays of light

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited December 28, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Just getting around to finish going through the cabo pics.. you guys let me know if you get sick of sunrises.. :rofl
1138907411_5smfV-L.jpg
Devin

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 28, 2010
    Beautiful shot, Devin. There's a little bit of lens distortion that you could fix in CS5 easily. thumb.gif
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Beautiful shot, Devin. There's a little bit of lens distortion that you could fix in CS5 easily. thumb.gif

Hi Richard - thank you.. i have PSE, can you point me in the right direction?
    Devin
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 28, 2010
    Sorry, Devin, but I don't really know what is available in PSE. In PS, it is one of the distortion filters. Maybe somebody else can point you in the right direction. If all else fails, PTLens is a good shareware product that is free to try and cheap ($25) to buy. It has both plugin and standalone versions. I used to use it before Adobe provided lens correction in PS.

Don't get too hung up on this--the image works well as is. Only photographers might notice the slightly curved horizon. mwink.gif
    edited December 28, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Sorry, Devin, but I don't really know what is available in PSE. In PS, it is one of the distortion filters. Maybe somebody else can point you in the right direction. If all else fails, PTLens is a good shareware product that is free to try and cheap ($25) to buy. It has both plugin and standalone versions. I used to use it before Adobe provided lens correction in PS.

Don't get too hung up on this--the image works well as is. Only photographers might notice the slightly curved horizon. mwink.gif

Thanks for the tip i'll check out ptlens, i was shooting with my 80-200 and i did notice some curvature on more than a few of the clear horizon shots (thought it was just me.. lol)
    although, i must say that with the naked eye on a clear day.. it did appear you could see the curve of the earth..
    Devin
    edited December 28, 2010
    I did find a correction tool in lightroom (trying a demo version out), this one look any better. This one was a few min before the first one...
    1139444227_bVrYg-L.jpg

ug - looking at the second one again, think I created some distortion/saturation issues.. i'll work on it.
    Devin