After the Blizzard

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited December 29, 2010 in Landscapes
Finished digging out from the Blizzard of 2010 that gave us about 14" (hard to measure with all the drifts). Ventured out to take a few pictures around town. Below are some recent ones from the blog as well.
Comments always appreciated
E

1 - State Street
1139041688_hpfYt-M.jpg

2 - Old Town House
1139040797_QrDZ5-M.jpg

3 - Redds Pond
1139042604_ZdYsR-M.jpg

4 - The Town's Tree
1139038829_E3fdS-M.jpg

5 - Washington Street
1139039653_6m26g-M.jpg

6 - Washington and Pleasant
1139040017_Qhdpn-M.jpg

7 - Another of the Old Town House (before the snow)
1139037771_S4BiB-M.jpg

Comments

• dave6253dave6253 Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    It looks cold there. I like Number 6 alot.thumb.gif
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Wow what a beautiful story book town. Looks like it is from a set in hollywood (perish the thought).
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Beautiful set of pics we got 8 inches from the same storm made for a pretty white christmas which we dont get often,also makes it cold and hard for peaple to get around here any ways :)Love #3 its my fav.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited December 28, 2010
    Beautiful. My favorite is # 3 (Redds Pond), so peaceful.

You did well to venture out with your camera yesterday! It didn't really clear until very late for me, and the footing was more than a little slippery. Between that and the very strong wind my camera staying inside!

--- Denise
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Thanks everyone - appreciate the comments.
    Shots 1 and 2 were under decent conditions as they were shot early enough that the cold hadn't really set in yet
    #3 at Redd's was tough though. Temp down to about 20 and then the wind hit...hard! Oh and I forgot my brand new gloves at home!! Tried shooting out lighthouse shortly after this but it was too cold and windy. Lesson learned - don't leave home without those Glomitts (greatest name ever)
    I've got some more shots of high tide at Castle Rock that i'll try to get processed later this week. Must have been -5 by the time I finished there...
    E
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Wow, that is beautiful neighborhood!
    Great photos, thanks for sharing!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Great shots! They bring back a lot of memories. I loved that toy story on the corner when I was a child... it's amazing to me that it is still there.
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Nice set, E. Love the Redds Pond shot. You're a braver man than I am. We got about a foot at my house and then the winds really started here mid afternoon. You must have really gotten hit hard in Marblehead
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Yep.....Redd's Pond. I really like the pure white snow and the contrasting red buildings beyond.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Nice looking series!! Did you have to wait long to get the empty street shots?
    edited December 29, 2010
    Thanks guys - reallly appreciate it!
    Brad - can't believe Mudpuddle has been there all those years
    Adam - for the snow ones, there was no traffic. For the others, the town puts in an overnight parking ban starting right after Thanksgiving. I have been getting out there right before sunrise (6:30 or so) and shooting til 7. Have to deal with the occasional passing car... Biggest issue is that 4-7 are all HDRs comprised of 6 brackets so it is inevitable that one frame gets a stray headlight or tailight and I have to make sure to get that exposure quickly enough to save the set.
    Looks like nice sky this morning and I don't have to work til noon...off to capture a few more
    E
  • PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2010
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Brad - can't believe Mudpuddle has been there all those years
    I can't remember if it had the same name, but I would have been in the store in the late 70's - early 80's (Ack! Was it really ~30 years ago?).

My mom was just visiting for a few days and I showed her your pictures and blog. It got us reminiscing... Maddie's Sail Loft, the Driftwood, the Warwick, and all the fishing I did at Redd's pond. Good times!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2010
    Man, you live in such a pretty little town... with dramatic weather, too!

So I take it you're liking the move up to New England? :)
    edited December 29, 2010
    Schmoo-
    The town is great and this photo blog project has been a great kick-in-the-creative-arse to get out on a regular basis and shoot.
    Weren't you talking about a Maine lighthouse trip in a post a while back? Let me know if you ever get out this way!