My first PIC post

Bigfoot424Bigfoot424 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited December 30, 2010 in Landscapes
Please feel free to critique. This is a lighthouse pic I took a few years ago in Maine. I believe it is in Kittery.

Lighthouse-Pic.jpg

Comments

• E ColbyE Colby Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    What a pretty lighthouse, but then I never met a lighthouse I didn't love. Nice first photo post.
    Cheers,
    Colby
    "Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't photogenic." Edward Weston
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    nice! it does look just a tad tilted to the right, though...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Bigfoot424Bigfoot424 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    squirl033 wrote: »
    nice! it does look just a tad tilted to the right, though...

And this seems to be the main issue with me and this camera. I am not sure how to solve this problem. I try and concentrate while taking the shots but many of them are still tilted right.
    edited December 28, 2010
    E Colby wrote: »
    What a pretty lighthouse, but then I never met a lighthouse I didn't love. Nice first photo post.
    Cheers,
    Colby

I agree with you regarding lighthouses. I'd like to get out and get more pics of them.
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Nice shot of Nubble Light. The tilt is there but it's small. It would be difficult to pickup in a viewfinder when handheld.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Really nice shot, great first post. In a perfect world I might have stepped to the right if possible to try and get some seperation for the foreground shed, right now it merges into the LH.
    small nic though.
    edited December 28, 2010
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Really nice shot, great first post. In a perfect world I might have stepped to the right if possible to try and get some seperation for the foreground shed, right now it merges into the LH.
    small nic though.

Thanks. Can't recall if I could have gotten this shot without the shed or not. It's been a while but thanks for the tip.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2010
    Bigfoot424 wrote: »
    Thanks. Can't recall if I could have gotten this shot without the shed or not. It's been a while but thanks for the tip.

I would keep the shed in the image, I was wondering if you stepped to the right could you get some seperation so it is not merging into the lighthouse.
    edited December 30, 2010
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    I would keep the shed in the image, I was wondering if you stepped to the right could you get some seperation so it is not merging into the lighthouse.

I likely could have but it's not something I thought of. That's why I'm here looking for advice from the pros.