Options

Compensating for Monitor Brightness (or lack thereof)

rleighrleigh Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited December 29, 2010 in Finishing School
So I edited 25 photos from a wedding this weekend. They looked stunning on my screen.
I went to work and checked on two different monitors... One was some sort of flat screen PC that has not so good color display anyhow, but the other was a one year old iMac. The pictures looked quite a bit darker on both, and in turn they also looked pretty flat.
Then, I came home and did a side by side view on my PC and laptop and I am really taken aback at the extreme difference. I knew it was bad, but holy moly!
So I love my screen dearly, but apparently it's brighter and a LOT more vivid than most.
So I guess I need to get them printed and see what they look like. (unrelated, but any online printer suggestions?)

Question... since many friends and such will be viewing them online, this scares me. If I'd seen those photos on any of those 3 screens before I saw them on mine, I probably would have been less than impressed. Should I overcompensate on brightness/exposure when post-processing or just leave as is? I know everyone's screen will be different..... Blah!

Comments