Ruby Beach?

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited December 30, 2010 in Landscapes
anyone been to Ruby Beach in the last month or so? i'm considering a run out there on Saturday to take advantage if a nice low tide just before sunset, but wondering how difficult it is to cross the creek for shots of Abbey Island and the rocks...
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2010
    squirl033 wrote: »
    anyone been to Ruby Beach in the last month or so? i'm considering a run out there on Saturday to take advantage if a nice low tide just before sunset, but wondering how difficult it is to cross the creek for shots of Abbey Island and the rocks...

I was there December 4th and it was a much easier crossing than when I was there on November 20th - but who knows what's happened in the last 3 weeks :)

On the 4th it was lower than my knees and wasn't flowing too strongly.

You also have the option of crossing early right where the trail lets out, water is calmer there (but the crossing is longer).

Just go real real early and if you can't cross go to Second Beach :)

Good luck!
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2010
    thanks, Ron... i'm still trying to decide whether to head to the coast or up toward Mt. Baker for some "winter" shots... ah, decisions, decisions!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com