echinacea

paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
edited January 5, 2011 in Holy Macro
Starting to gear up for a New England winter of indoor flower shots. 50D, EF-S 60mm macro, ISO 100, f/11, 0.4 sec, household incandescent lighting. 11 images stacked with Zerene. As always, C&C welcome.

1140883423_qHnYw-XL.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2010
    Came out well. Suspect you may have some blown yellows there. Zerene does seem to exposure match the different shots to the highest one so you need to be careful with the exposure levels on all the shots.

Brian V.
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2010
    Brian,

thanks for the helpful comments. I did not know that about Zerene.

I did some exploration after getting your note because I had checked the histogram of one of the 11 before doing anything, and there was no clipping in the yellow channel. After getting your note, I rechecked all 11. What I found probably won't surprise you, but it did suprise me, and it may be useful to some folks here. Even though I had the camera on a tripod, with unchanging light, and changed the focus with the lens, not by moving the camera, changing the focal point in did somewhat alter the histograms. Some did show a bit of clipping, although well within the range that I could have fixed while the image was in RAW. I did pull the luminance of the yellow channel down, but only in the final stacked TIFF, not in the raw images. Should have done it before stacking, not after. I'll post the LR histograms of the first and last RAWs in the series and the TIFF after I pulled down the luminance of yellow.

Dan

First RAW in series

1142417591_MM8GY-M.jpg

Last RAW in series

1142417584_kWXLF-M.jpg

Stacked TIFF, as posted, with luminance of yellows pulled down:

1142417602_FZbfy-M.jpg
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited January 5, 2011
    exposures do change quite a bit between first and last frames, always good to check each before raw conversion.
    i always reduce luminance slider on reds and yellows in lightroom