Options

Total Redesign!

PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
edited September 20, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
Check it out... I have re-worked my site and pricing. Please give honest constructive critique. I really appreciate any feedback or suggestions you may have.

Here is the OLD title page and color scheme:
www.perfect-pix.biz/page%201/page%201.htm

Here is the new site and scheme:
www.perfect-pix.biz

Once Again, Thank you for taking the time to comment!
Mike
Mike LaPorte
Perfect Pix

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    clap.gif very nice mate...i like it.
  • Options
    Humungus wrote:
    clap.gif very nice mate...i like it.
    THANKS!
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    OK..here's my take on it. Remember it's just what I see, and I do see the world differently. (Might be the tin foil, but who knows)
    I think the first page needs some more info to let potential clients know a little more about what you do, and or to entice them into looking further.

In my brief visit to your site I saw many sports photos I thought were much brighter, and better than the one you chose for the home page.

The wedding photo on the home page is also dark.

The individual catagory pages seemed very nice, and I think if you get people to look further than the home page you will get new business.

Good luck,

Sam
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    Slow load. I'm on dialup. Two minutes.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2005
    Thanks Sam and David for taking the time to comment. David, was it the first or second like that took that long to load? I sure hope it was the first...

I will look around more for options on my front page. I find that most young ladies like the bride picture, so that is why it is there. I certainly have my favorites, but those don't matter to prospective clients. As for the sports shots, I find as long as the picture is properly exposed and in focus, it SELLS! Funny thing parents, they want pictures of their kids!
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2005
    100 views and only 3 comments? Is it that bad? eek7.gif
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited September 20, 2005
    2nd visit
    Main page...1 minute 45 seconds this time. Clicking any of the four pictures on the first page brings up second page. Also just under 2 mintes each. Then, clicking each menu item forces a new browser to load (why?) - but those thumbs load faster (about a minute or less per page).

After clicking a thumb image (any third page in), the final image loads super quick. Are the final images saved with a lower quality setting than the ones on the first or second pages? If so, that's backwards.

The overall layout looks OK. Just remember there are those of us not on broadband yet. You could dial down the save quality and still get mostly the same appearance for the web.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky