Options

Ch: 47, Erich's mug shots

erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
edited September 20, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Finally got a chance to take some self-portraits. I'd appreciate your thoughts on which one to go with. Right now I'm thinking the first one is the best.

Thanks,

Erich

36219568-L.jpg

36219569-L.jpg

36219571-L.jpg

36219572-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    No.3 or No.4. Has anyone told you you look like Pete Samprass before? eek7.gif
    May be try to soften the lighting in No.3. I like No.4, only suggestion would be to crop the left hand side, reflection in picture would work better with the crop.
  • Options
    muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    I like the last one too - the lighting and the reflection in the glass. A bit grainy though.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    I second that: #3 or #4
    SnapHappy wrote:
    May be try to soften the lighting in No.3. I like No.4, only suggestion would be to crop the left hand side, reflection in picture would work better with the crop.
    #4 is tough to make perfect, though, unless you're willing to freeze for 20 sec...

Good luck!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    I think I would have liked the first shot....cropped in much closer as a head shot. Looks like some dramatic lighting. All the extra "stuff" in the background is distracting to a point. It doesn't really add much to the shot IMO. Sure....you get some more night/dramatic lighting...but what is it realy saying? A more direct shot that tells more about YOU. Just my nickles worth of thought.

Cheers
    BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    I like #1 best and would not crop it. I really like the effect of your face partially lit by the match. My guess is that the photo captures something of how you see yourself (solitary, confident and most comfortable when you are not totally exposed) and, if that is so, then the photo as a whole is about you. Good luck!!

Va

Email
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    SnapHappy wrote:

or, michael imperiole aka christopher moltisanti from "the sopranos" thumb.gif

ep40_christopher.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2005
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I've always heard I have a "familiar" face and get different personalities I look like. These two are new ones to me...but I like it! :):

Competition looks fierce so it's back to the drawing board for me.

Erich
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2005
    OK. So I keep going back and forth on these shots but I think I've finally made the last call. I cropped my cigarrette shot and pasted it on a different background. Closer view of myself but yet enough of a background to evoke the mood of the moment. I think this background fits better since the shape of the tree bears a resemblence to my pose. Comments?

Good luck to all.

Erich

36617329-L.jpg
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 20, 2005
    erich6 wrote:
    OK. So I keep going back and forth on these shots but I think I've finally made the last call. I cropped my cigarrette shot and pasted it on a different background. Closer view of myself but yet enough of a background to evoke the mood of the moment. I think this background fits better since the shape of the tree bears a resemblence to my pose. Comments?

Good luck to all.

Erich
    i agree with you erich this is a very nice picture(s). The only recommendation i would make is to maybe soften the edge along where ur back meets the brick. it is a little distracting to the eye. but overall. great photoclap.gif .

-Daniel-
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2005
    i agree with you erich this is a very nice picture(s). The only recommendation i would make is to maybe soften the edge along where ur back meets the brick. it is a little distracting to the eye. but overall. great photoclap.gif .

-Daniel-
    Thanks Daniel...I see what you mean! I'll try retouching it and see what I can get.

Cheers,

Erich